Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with three person panel. Very professional very organized. Interview process was a long wait time interview itself only took 35 minutes waiting for the interview one hour

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with nonprofit organization's   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Average group interview process. No surprise questions. It was easy to prepare with online resources. Focused more on the prior experience. Did not last more than 40 minutes total.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY).

Interview

There were two supervisors at the interview and asked questions related to the job description. Also, there was a written test to determine case notes skills. They called reference after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel working with senior citizens?   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Albany, NY).

Interview

There is a ceo and controller and assistant controller. You all work together 830 to 430, summer hours you dont work on Friday. You will do account payable and account receivable and bookkeeping and ach payments for cookie sales and deposits for the store. You will use excel for cookie sales. They use more than one program there.

Interview Questions

• If i mind working with all woman   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Very quick. I was called by HR, interviewed the following day by a young female. Upon completion of the interview, the interviewer let me know that she would like to set me up for a second interview at the Children's Home. I set this up very quickly. While sitting in the waiting room, the receptionist was calling former employees to find out why they quit. I thought it was sketchy, and now realize how many calls they are making because of the quick turn-over rate.

Temporary Certifier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Camden, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions based on what was on my resume and application, asked about my previous employment with Catholic Charities. They told me what was involved with the job. I was given pages of printed information to read and sign and was given a math test to determine if I could estimate a yearly income based on partial information. The first location I interviewed at only hired one person but I was called to the other location which had 4 openings and interviewed there as well. In any case, the job required two interviews before an offer could be made. At the second interview I asked when a decision would be made and was told in about 10 days and that we would be notified by phone if we had been selected or not. The interviews went well but I wasn't notified.
    I would apply for other jobs at Catholic Charities because it's a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem with some of the restrictions in the printed info I was given to read. These dealt with not advising clients to do actions against Catholic moral teaching.   1 Answer
    • If I was comfortable with Microsoft Office and Excell.   Answer Question

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Covington, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 3 different interviews, each about a week apart. The first interview was about an hour and 15 minutes. The HR manager as well as the assistant director conducted the interview. The second interview I was with the executive director for about an hour. The third interview I was with the executive director again as well as a priest for about 30 mins. All 3 interviews went very well, I was made to feel very comfortable and they were very positive and encouraging. The interview questions were the usual but it was still stressful because there were so many questions in a series of interviews. I did not hear back about the position, so I contacted them for an update and they apologized saying they intended to get back with me much sooner. I ended up not getting the offer, but it was a positive experience overall, just a very lengthy process.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process is very personal, as you are meeting one on one with the person who will be your direct supervisor. They clearly really want to know why you are passionate about working for the organization, and specifically for the section you are applying to. For example, I applied to work for Refugee Services and they asked a lot about why refugee issues were important to me. I was glad to see that this was a major component of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of us here have very personal connections to refugee issues. Why did you chose to apply to refugee services/why do you think these issues are important? (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • Program retention can be a challenge in some of our programs. How would you keep high retention rates in our programming? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Domestic Violence Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Council Bluffs, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Long. There was a face to face interview and then it took weeks for them to get back to me only to offer me a whole other position which I did not apply for and it was part time when I was seeking full-time. After careful consideration, I thought the extra income would help and also get me in the door to possible get a full-time position somewhere down the line.

Financial Stability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with Program Manager of Financial Stability and Program Manager of Social Services after passing a phone interview. They did a brief screening asking questions about whether I would be comfortable working in an environment where there may be prayer or religious speech. Will have back ground and credit check done if they extend an offer. They stated that they will meet with other candidates and schedule third and final interviews within the week and extend offers within two weeks.