Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Charities USA

2.5

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is designed to explain the position, agency mission, and open the forum for questions both ways.They are looking to your ability to work with homeless and how you conduct yourself in the interview. The Management involved in the interview process can be critical and a bit judgmental. Be professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't able to negotiate.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process is quite technical and scenario-based for situations that case workers often face. Try to answer creatively when you do not know the answer and provide your best judgement. Make sure to show that you adhere to the mission and values of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client is unwilling to work on their goals and plans?   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't really a traditional one. It was through Summer Youth Employment. But When the regular school year started the interview process was like a regular one. I was interviewed by the director of the program for that specific school.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions

• describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of questions that they wrote down the answers to which included experience, education and commitment. I have experience with public speaking and thinking on my feet, which I believe really helped in the interview. I know many people would have otherwise find this interview to be tough.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with addiction and recovery?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Average group interview process. No surprise questions. It was easy to prepare with online resources. Focused more on the prior experience. Did not last more than 40 minutes total.