Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Charities USA

2.5

Financial Adviser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

Interview

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Bridgewater, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews total were completed when I was interviewed. First was with the potential supervisor which went well. Then with higher up personnel which was more focused on expectations of the agency.

Interview Questions

• What is your driving record like?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, person to person interview, and then confirmation. The interview was with one manager. He asked the questions that he needed to ensure I was the right candidate. Much of the interview was geared towards my field.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Very quick. I was called by HR, interviewed the following day by a young female. Upon completion of the interview, the interviewer let me know that she would like to set me up for a second interview at the Children's Home. I set this up very quickly. While sitting in the waiting room, the receptionist was calling former employees to find out why they quit. I thought it was sketchy, and now realize how many calls they are making because of the quick turn-over rate.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Panel interview. My interview took place several years ago - leadership has changed. I normally would not have accepted a "pitch a plan" interview; but did so because I had a strong interest in seeing the organization succeed regardless of my interview success.

Interview Questions

• Share a communications plan (asked to research and prepare beforehand and present to the panel)   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Pleasant and quick. I was interviewed by four professionals during a 30 minute period. They asked general interview questions. It did not feel like a fit but it was a nice conversation. The recruiter never got back to me to let me know I would not be moving forward.

Client Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, received a phone call and went through a brief phone interview and was invited in for a face to face interview. The interview was with a panel of two interviewers. The interview took about an hour. I called them in a few days to ask when they'd be making a decision as far as hiring and received a letter the next day saying they'd hired someone else for this position but that I was qualified and they encouraged me to apply for other open positions in the future.

Client Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Covington, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 3 different interviews, each about a week apart. The first interview was about an hour and 15 minutes. The HR manager as well as the assistant director conducted the interview. The second interview I was with the executive director for about an hour. The third interview I was with the executive director again as well as a priest for about 30 mins. All 3 interviews went very well, I was made to feel very comfortable and they were very positive and encouraging. The interview questions were the usual but it was still stressful because there were so many questions in a series of interviews. I did not hear back about the position, so I contacted them for an update and they apologized saying they intended to get back with me much sooner. I ended up not getting the offer, but it was a positive experience overall, just a very lengthy process.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Carlos, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interview for a care manager position in San Carlos at an Adult Day Program. The first interview was a brief phone interview. After, I met I did 1:1 interview with the program director. The staff was very nice and friendly. The questions were very easy. From the interview, I can tell the program director really care about the population the company serve.

Interview Questions

I didn't take the job offer since I got another job offer at another agency. However, I wish I did.