Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Catholic Charities USA

2.5

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in November 2018.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying for my first interview almost a month later I was called for a second interview, The interview process is very slow to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how your previous work experience relates to the position. What made you apply for the position? Describe a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle it,   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions

• what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy to get through if you are working in the main office as support. Just use words that have multiple syllables when meeting with HR and you will get to the next phase of the interview. Beyond that it depends on where you work but in most cases the person interviewing you will not be paying much attention to your answers anyway.

Parent Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Joliet, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was not intimidating and very delightful. The individuals who interviewed me were very polite and friendly. The interview was a normal interview where they would ask numerous questions about your experience and how you would handle certain situations(scenario questions).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Domestic Violence Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Council Bluffs, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Long. There was a face to face interview and then it took weeks for them to get back to me only to offer me a whole other position which I did not apply for and it was part time when I was seeking full-time. After careful consideration, I thought the extra income would help and also get me in the door to possible get a full-time position somewhere down the line.

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes).

Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour.

Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Disaster Recovery Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Straight forward and fair. A college degree was required and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with personal loss and how did you overcome?   1 Answer
    • How will you cope with hearing tragic stories repeatedly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job was grant funded and the salary was unable to be negotiated.

School Age Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online by clicking the job post and submitting my resume and cover letter to the email address provided. I received a phone call the next day and did a very brief pre-screening interview with the director. She asked why I applied and what my salary expectations were. We then set up an in-person interview for a few days later. The interview was one on one and very comfortable. During the interview, I had to fill out a standard fill in the blank application.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Why do you want to work here? I have an elementary education degree, so she asked why I was interviewing with her and not a public school. How do you handle stressful situations? What's one of your weaknesses? What are a few strengths?   Answer Question