Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

Interview

Submitted online application, got an email at 9 the next morning, set up a phone screening the same day, scheduled an interview for a few days later, got a call with a job offer 2 hours after that. Great, easy process.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to defuse a tense situation and how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Senior Manager of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

I emailed my application materials, and a few weeks later, I was contacted by email by someone scheduling interviews on behalf of the hiring manager. When we decided on a time, he told me to call the person at the appointed time. I found this strange - that I would have to initiate the call when they were the ones who were seeking a person to fill the position.

I had the call, and it took about a half hour. But then I never heard back from them, even to tell me that I would not be moving on in the process. Talk about an extreme lack of courtesy! For an organization that, admirably, assists thousands of people who are in great need in various ways, I find it astonishing that they would be rude to potential employees like this. I thought that they were an organization with compassion for people on the margins, yet they can't spare a little bit of courtesy for a candidate for a job.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington (Spokane, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The supervisor took me to an empty office and then asked me several questions in regards to why I should be hired, what experience I have had, and any hands on experience with any other non-profiit organization within this community.

Interview Questions

• What skills to you have that qualifies you for the job?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was fine. The fact that it took another eight weeks for the company to make an official offer and the amount of running around I had to do was the problem. Fingerprinting, physical exam, and background check all at the employee's time and expense. They reimburse for the fingerprints, but that takes another four weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to support the mission of Catholic Charities with your work?   Answer Question

Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

I waited for 30 minutes to meet someone. They asked me 3 questions. At the end he said he thought I would be a great fit and he would call me by the end of the week to let me know if I was being considered for employment/hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you think we do here?
      When can you start?   1 Answer

Shelter Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was a brief one on one exprience. It took place on site at the shelter. After the interview with the shelter director, she introduced me to the residents. I thought that the introdction should have been made after I was hired. At no time during the interview was I asked what I could contribute to the organization.

Negotiation