Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Case Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY).

Interview

HR interview and then an interview with a supervisor and the director. The HR department is horrible. They don't answer your calls and take forever to come back to you with answers. If you are applying to this company get ready to hassle the HR department because they never do anything on time. My hiring process to a month and a half after I had already been selected for the position!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted shortly thereafter for an interview. I met with the Assistant Executive HR Director and sent her a well-worded thank you w/in 2 days following the interview. After not hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email inquiring about the status of their search and did not receive a response. (Something along the lines of "Please be patient, I'm still interviewing candidates" was all that would have been required and would have taken no more than 3 minutes). 2 weeks later, I sent yet another email, asking her to be so kind as to inform me if I was being considered for the position. Yet again, no response. The Assistant Executive HR Director and I are both mature, senior level HR professionals with 20+ years of experience and I was astounded that I was treated in such an unprofessional manner by a fellow HR professional. It was only after I sent an email admonishing her for her lack of professionalism that I received a response in which she informed me that a rejection letter had been snail mailed to me (which I have yet to receive).

The agency does great work and they have a very generous benefits package and I wish the agency all the best and continued success. That said, it is obvious that their infrastructure is sorely lacking.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest HR disciplines? Rate them on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet with supervisor and other case workers , HR then contacted worker with an acceptance letter. Worker started working immediately. A full background check and finger printing is required. Worker was hired. Net working with someone within is a plus as agency loves referrals and incentives are given for recommendation.

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Received a phonecall to come in for an interview. Met with the supervisor and director at the same time and had a comfortable, easy-going interview. Asked the typical questions. Told I would hear from them in about a month if I was to get the job. I called them a month later to inquire about the job. HR then called me the same day to make an offer, which I accepted. It took another month before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any experience you have had with the child welfare system.
      Tell me about your work history.
      Time you had to make a difficult decision.
      Answer Question

B2F Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I think they did not choose me because of the salary I was making at my previous job. Even though I said I would be negotiable. If you go their don't say salary, just say you are negotiable and then if offered job accept or decline.