Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had initially got called for an interview for the administrative assistant/home finder position back in January 2017. The director of the program called me and informed me that he had picked up my resume online and that it matched some of the things he looked for in a candidate for this position. The interview lasted about an hour and a half, it was very laid back and we had a great conversation going. I asked when I would hear back and he told me that I might hear back in about two weeks. I gave it an extra week and contacted the director and asked him if the position had been filled, he informed me that he had been in a lot of training and that it had delayed the interview process, but that they should have a decision by the end of that week. A month in a half after that interview, I received a call from one of the supervisors under that same director, they wanted to interview me to work within the same program but as a case manager instead of an admin. assistant. At the interview, I met with that same director and he said he thought the case manager position would better fit my career goals. I was so shocked at how this director never forgot about me even though he did not hire me for the first position I had interviewed for with him. He kept me in mind for future positions within his program and I appreciated that greatly. The interview was with him, and my supervisor. It was a short interview because most of the things that needed to be covered in this interview were covered in the first one. They told me I would hear from them soon and that same week, I got a call two days later asking me to come in to fill out paperwork regarding my references and proof of my degree. They told me the process could take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks. A week in a half after that I received a call from them informing me that they wanted to extend an offer to me, which I gladly accepted.

Case Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY).

Interview

HR interview and then an interview with a supervisor and the director. The HR department is horrible. They don't answer your calls and take forever to come back to you with answers. If you are applying to this company get ready to hassle the HR department because they never do anything on time. My hiring process to a month and a half after I had already been selected for the position!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted shortly thereafter for an interview. I met with the Assistant Executive HR Director and sent her a well-worded thank you w/in 2 days following the interview. After not hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email inquiring about the status of their search and did not receive a response. (Something along the lines of "Please be patient, I'm still interviewing candidates" was all that would have been required and would have taken no more than 3 minutes). 2 weeks later, I sent yet another email, asking her to be so kind as to inform me if I was being considered for the position. Yet again, no response. The Assistant Executive HR Director and I are both mature, senior level HR professionals with 20+ years of experience and I was astounded that I was treated in such an unprofessional manner by a fellow HR professional. It was only after I sent an email admonishing her for her lack of professionalism that I received a response in which she informed me that a rejection letter had been snail mailed to me (which I have yet to receive).

The agency does great work and they have a very generous benefits package and I wish the agency all the best and continued success. That said, it is obvious that their infrastructure is sorely lacking.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest HR disciplines? Rate them on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet with supervisor and other case workers , HR then contacted worker with an acceptance letter. Worker started working immediately. A full background check and finger printing is required. Worker was hired. Net working with someone within is a plus as agency loves referrals and incentives are given for recommendation.

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Received a phonecall to come in for an interview. Met with the supervisor and director at the same time and had a comfortable, easy-going interview. Asked the typical questions. Told I would hear from them in about a month if I was to get the job. I called them a month later to inquire about the job. HR then called me the same day to make an offer, which I accepted. It took another month before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any experience you have had with the child welfare system.
      Tell me about your work history.
      Time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

B2F Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (Bronx, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I think they did not choose me because of the salary I was making at my previous job. Even though I said I would be negotiable. If you go their don't say salary, just say you are negotiable and then if offered job accept or decline.