Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted within 2 days of application by a consultant. Zoom interview the same week, in person interview with CFO and CEO within a week. 2nd interview within another week with CEO, CFO and 2 other senior staff. Offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard HR questions about change management, teamwork, leadership, transparency, communication and management style, etc. Was asked to write a memo to staff at second interview.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted shortly thereafter for an interview. I met with the Assistant Executive HR Director and sent her a well-worded thank you w/in 2 days following the interview. After not hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email inquiring about the status of their search and did not receive a response. (Something along the lines of "Please be patient, I'm still interviewing candidates" was all that would have been required and would have taken no more than 3 minutes). 2 weeks later, I sent yet another email, asking her to be so kind as to inform me if I was being considered for the position. Yet again, no response. The Assistant Executive HR Director and I are both mature, senior level HR professionals with 20+ years of experience and I was astounded that I was treated in such an unprofessional manner by a fellow HR professional. It was only after I sent an email admonishing her for her lack of professionalism that I received a response in which she informed me that a rejection letter had been snail mailed to me (which I have yet to receive).

The agency does great work and they have a very generous benefits package and I wish the agency all the best and continued success. That said, it is obvious that their infrastructure is sorely lacking.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest HR disciplines? Rate them on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Received a phonecall to come in for an interview. Met with the supervisor and director at the same time and had a comfortable, easy-going interview. Asked the typical questions. Told I would hear from them in about a month if I was to get the job. I called them a month later to inquire about the job. HR then called me the same day to make an offer, which I accepted. It took another month before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any experience you have had with the child welfare system.
      Tell me about your work history.
      Time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question