Catholic Health Services of Long Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic Health Services of Long Island

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithtown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Smithtown, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I found my interview to be very informative in how a hospital processes a candidate for a position. I was welcomed with a highly skilled professional. I exited my interview feeling hopeful.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Rockville Centre, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Process was very quick. Got a call went for the interview and the interview went smoothly. Waiting for a call. I hope to get the position because it seems like a nice small hospital. Compared to my old hospital this seems like a very nice hospital

IT Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Melville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 individual from various departments. Simple, basic interview, why are you looking to move and etc. The entire process took about 1 hour or so. Upon leaving, I was told that HR will follow up for the next steps but I never heard anything back.

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Rockville Centre, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back 2 weeks later. Interviewed within the month, met with HR and nurse manager same day. Notified of acceptance appx 2 weeks later. Orientation followed the next month.

Desktop Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Melville, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The company usually post the position for 3 to 6 months. You must apply from their website. Human resource department will contact you for interview and department supervisor will give you a call. The interview can be a phone interview, and there is a long waiting period. The wait period can be 6 weeks to 3 months. It depend on the company, they often post position while they have hiring freeze and they will open the position every few months.
    The question that supervisor asked is not very technical, mostly base on customer services. They want to know how can you resolved issue while the doctors or medical staff are urgent to use the device.

Interview Questions

• What should you say to the user when they are mad about the computer is not working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, the company offer you fixed salary. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island.

Interview

Applied via career website. Called for interview. Simple typing exam to check for data entry skills and words per minute. Followed by typical HR interview. Nothing surprising or unexpected. Explain a few easy scenarios, when you made a mistake, what's your strongest characteristic, weakest, etc.

Interview Questions

• Number 1 comment your parents received from going to parent teacher night. Caught off guard. More of a fun/interesting/different question. Probably no wrong answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call, told I was offered a position, accepted salary. No negotiation. Not sure if there is much room for most of the positions.

Operating Room Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Port Jefferson, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I initially made a call to speak with the OR Nurse Manager about the position. Met with OR Nurse Manager and spoke about my OR experience. Was shown the operating room, the recovery room and the ambulatory area. We spoke about the general flow of the work day and the type of cases, mostly orthopedic. Spoke about required call time. Met with HR for review of salary, benefits and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?
      How long have you been a nurse?
      Where did you hear of the job?
      When can you start working?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Small hospital and not much room for advancement.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island in March 2010.

Interview

The conversation went in circles.