Catholic Health Services of Long Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Islip, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (West Islip, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was by a panel of people. All nurses in various departments within the hospital. It was somewhat intimidating being interviewed by that many people at once. That being said, they were all very nice and courteous. It was more of a conversation than a interview. ALso had a separate meeting with human resources. This was more of a quick screening.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. The Recruiter asked me several questions. I thought I answered them appropriately. The interview was about 10-15 minutes long, and the recruiter said she would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• How to better the life of the patient?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. It was to the point, concise, and educational too. The interviewer were friendly and welcoming. The interview process were smooth. The questions were appropriate and relevant to the work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you like to wok for us?   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithtown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Smithtown, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I found my interview to be very informative in how a hospital processes a candidate for a position. I was welcomed with a highly skilled professional. I exited my interview feeling hopeful.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Brockton, MA).

Interview

Was referred to open positions here after completing a Nurse Assistant training course. Called and immediately was offered 2-part interview with Head of HR and the Director in charge of nurses and patient care. Very nice, informative and seems like it would be a ver good job. Offer an extended orientation.

Interview Questions

• Who was an example of a great leader in your CNA training...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, told pay was very straightforward as this is a union position.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed first with HR and then with the Unit manager. Was told that they would call me in a week to let me know if i had the job, but was offered the job on site.

Operating Room Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Port Jefferson, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I initially made a call to speak with the OR Nurse Manager about the position. Met with OR Nurse Manager and spoke about my OR experience. Was shown the operating room, the recovery room and the ambulatory area. We spoke about the general flow of the work day and the type of cases, mostly orthopedic. Spoke about required call time. Met with HR for review of salary, benefits and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?
      How long have you been a nurse?
      Where did you hear of the job?
      When can you start working?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Small hospital and not much room for advancement.

Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Hill, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Flower Hill, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

This is the 2nd horrible interview experience I've had with CHS. Most unprofessional company. They do not return phone calls (even though they call you and leave a message) or e-mails. The first interview process I had with them was back in 2015. They brought me in for 3 interviews all on different days. After the 3rd interview, they told me "they were looking for someone with more HR experience." Why waste my time? My resume didn't change after the first or second interview. I decided to get CHS another chance but this time...HORRIBLE service. The HR employees I dealt with did not return my e-mails or phone calls. So I cancelled my interview. Don't waste your time!

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health Services of Long Island.

Interview

Applied via career website. Called for interview. Simple typing exam to check for data entry skills and words per minute. Followed by typical HR interview. Nothing surprising or unexpected. Explain a few easy scenarios, when you made a mistake, what's your strongest characteristic, weakest, etc.

Interview Questions

• Number 1 comment your parents received from going to parent teacher night. Caught off guard. More of a fun/interesting/different question. Probably no wrong answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call, told I was offered a position, accepted salary. No negotiation. Not sure if there is much room for most of the positions.

Applications Interview

Interview

This processes is ridiculous. They are asking way to much information and it takes so long to complete the application. Why do you need to know what elementary school I went to? Why do you need my drivers licence number and references when I have not even been called for an interview yet? How do I know my personal information is safe and what it is being used for? A month goes by and you hear nothing. Then you get a call like you applied yesterday. What a waste of time. How you treat candidates is a reflection of how you treat employees. I did not bother returning the call.