Catholic Health System Interview Questions in Buffalo, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.6

Activties Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

When looking for work, I had called another Catholic Health facility for a job and inquired if they had openings in my field. She said they did not, but kindly directed me to another one of their facilities that she knew was looking for someone with my experience as an Activity Leader. When I called for an interview, the Director asked if I could come for an interview the very next day.

When I arrived, we talked in her office and I offered some new and bright activity ideas for the elderly living there in the Catholic Health System nursing home, St. Francis. She seemed pleased to hear my creative ideas and noticed my enthusiasm. I was offered the job right there and then.

One year later she went to bat for me to increase my hours from P/T to F/T. Two years into my time at St. Francis of Buffalo, she again helped by suggesting me for a new activities program designed just for the elderly folks living their with dementia. I was chosen to become the Dementia Care Program Assistant to the Speech Therapist. This brought a pay raise and much joy in designing my own programs and the fulfillment of aiding the people with dementia to maintain their social and verbal skills.

Interview Questions

• What will you be doing in 5 years...what are your long range goals ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer told me the wage and I was happy with it.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Reviewed education and experience along with future goals. Interview was one on one process rather quick. I did bring my nursing license along with letters of recommendation and school transcript. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this organization in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was starting per union defined scale.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I applied online. At least a month later, the HR department contacted me to chat briefly about my resume and set up an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How will your skill set benefit the department/organization?
      What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I came in through a professional recruiter so the interview process was easy. Most people have an initial HR screening interview followed by a second with the manager

Applications Programmer Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

After internal bidding I sent an email to hiring manager, and received an interview request via email within a week after applying. Received a interview a week later, was told it'll be about two weeks before I receive an response. It has now been about three weeks still no reponse.

Interview Questions

• "How would your current team manage after your departure, if you was to be hired?"   Answer Question

Compensation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a telephone screen and a one on one interview. We discussed the details of my experience and background and the particulars of the position.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Health System (Buffalo, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

It was one panel interview. Very laid back and very friendly. Job had quite a bit of turnover so they were quite reluctant to fill the position right away. I was given an offer within one week and started right away. I have been there four years