Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Relief Services

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

First you are pre-selected for a phone interview and an over the phone foreign language test (all applicants must speak English and one other language). If you pass this, you are invited to Baltimore for a multi-day interview process that includes a kind of "who we are" from the organizations (this way applicants can also decide if the organization is for them). The mutli-day interview included group work, a panel interview and some test/exercises.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Catholic Relief Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It turned out to be a snow day for the interview day, so the CRS offices were closed and only a few staff showed up. Perhaps this is what negatively impacted the interview experience. During the panel interview, the interviewers sat very close with their reviewing sheet and their numeric scores to each of my answers were very visible. As you can imagine, this was extremely disconcerting. After the interview, I provided this feedback and CRS apologized and promised to remedy it for the next year.

Interview Questions

• Would I be challenged by CRS' anti-contraception stance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for the fellowship is a very long experience which includes an online application with short answer questions and basic resume information, a pre-recorded video interview, a Skype interview, a language test (Spanish, French, or Arabic), and finally an in person interview in Baltimore.

For the in person interview, it was a full day, with information sessions, a writing test, lunch, presentations, and a 1 hour panel interview with 3 people. The questions focused on past experiences, where they ask you to give examples of times certain things happened to you (you dealt with a difficult coworker, for example). Be prepared with lots of examples from several different work and school situations.

From application to tentative offer, it was 5 months, 6 months for country placement (which you have little input on) and 7 months before background check was completed and offer finalized.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the benefits and challenges of working for a faith based organization? Tell me about a time when [fill in the blanks].   Answer Question

International Development Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services.

Interview

Long, very long, and not always the most organized. There are multiple stages, starting with a CV and cover letter, then a skype interview, then a language proficiency test (Spanish, French, or Arabic), and then an in person interview. The entire process is handled by two staff members and they can lose track of dates and documents, so you need to stay on top of things.

Interview Questions

• Biggest question to prepare for is why, specifically, are you choosing CRS over another NGO   Answer Question