Catholic Relief Services Learning Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Relief Services Learning Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Relief Services

1 Interview Review

4.0

Learning Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services.

Interview

I am astonished that a faith-based organization would give their verbal word and rescind an offer. I have a squeaky clean background with excellent references. I was given a verbal offer, and later found out that the offer was rescinded for no real reason, other than the position had gone to an internal candidate. I feel like my valuable time was wasted. I had another offer on the table from another organization and let it go. This was not professional and speaks poorly of the organization. I was given signs throughout the interview process that the culture seems to favor only people who are like them. Unfortunately, as an African-American woman, I believe they felt that I was too high energy, passionate and assertive. I was told that I was "high energy" and would need to be coached if I was in this role. In a time such as this, it's amazing that organizations and hiring managers are not being more inclusive. But, it seems that this hiring manager simply wanted someone who already knew how to fit in and conform to the nature of the organization. This is extremely disheartening that an organization that is meant to serve all types of people would single out those who are not enough like them.

Interview Questions