Catholic University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Assistant Director for Global Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online or via snail mail (who still uses snail mail for applications)! They demand that you submit a cover letter and resume (fine that is standard), but download a non-writeable PDF application (old-school) for the university and submit that, plus your salary requirements. That is a bit extreme.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements, past work experience, etc.   1 Answer

They were not even close to my salary requirements.

Graduate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fast and it all went smoothly. It was a panel interview of an hour. They were very nice and the question were easy to answer. They reached out to me with an offer 4 weeks later. I accepted the offer and its been great working there.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

None really; ask professors if they could use a student assistant. If the department's budget says yes, then its a simple position to apply for. The only stipulation is that the student must have taken that class and passed above a specific grade threshold.

Interview Questions

• How is your current workload? Can you balance grading assignments and working with students along with your current schedule   1 Answer

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and straight to the point. I had two interviews, phone based and then face to face the following day as they were eager to fill a soon to be vacant position. I was asked questions based on my past experiences, and I had a chance to ask questions. the face to face was a follow up on the phone interview, I guess they just wanted to see my face. Was informed about the nature of the job, day to day tasks and basically the hierarchy of staff in the department. I think at that point I knew I was going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with numbers?   1 Answer

Conference Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic University in February 2016.

Interview

I was a little surprised upon arriving to find that it would be a panel interview with four interviewers. However, I found it to be a pretty friendly and casual process. I didn't feel like any unexpected or unfair questions were asked. Anyone who prepared adequately should have been able to address everything they asked.

Interview Questions

• What strategy would I employ to build on and expand the conference center's existing business?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Paper application, many emails for scheduling, phone interview, then on to on campus interview. Waited for 30 days, then another on campus interview. 2 weeks later, job offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to continue working with students and why at CUA?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening. The person performing the screening told me the interview process would be as follows: finish the rest of the phone screenings; conduct phone interviews for the best candidates from the phone screenings; invite the strongest phone interview contenders onto campus for the first round of interviews; then have a second round of interviews based on the first round of on campus interviews; and finally provide an offer. Apparently, I did so well during the screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. I was flattered.

However, it snowed the day before my interview. The University had a 2 hour delayed opening. I was in constant email contact with one of the two interviewers, letting her know I was going to be there when the university opened if it didn't disrupt the interviewers schedule. She assured me everything was fine, and to be at the university when it opened.

When I arrived at the interview, I was greeted by the phone screener and the second interviewer. She told me that the other interviewer could not make it because the public schools were closed and he needed to stay home and take care of his child.

She and I continued the interview, with most of the same questions she asked on the phone being asked again face-to-face. The only other different interview question asked is given below. Whether I answered it properly or not (to her subjective liking) is another question. I'm assuming not, since she told me she'd call me "In a couple of days," to reschedule the interview to include the other interviewer, but she never did.

She never even called to say the position was given to someone else. I called after 2 weeks wondering what happened (as I am from academia. This is the first time applying for staff positions. As a professor, I always received an email, phone call, letter, something that told me what was next). That's when she told me they offered the job to someone else, and if that person doesn't accept, then she'll contact me. Pretty rude in my book.

Interview Questions

• "We have a male professor who only teaches using videos. How would you approach this person and help him change?"   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

That was A phone interview which took about 15 minutes. Three interviewers but questions were mainly from one of them, who asked tough questions like why you took an industrial job when you graduated. At the end of the interview, they asked me if I have any questions. The phone interview went fine.

Student Affairs Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic University.

Interview

2 part interview process-- First was a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I was then called for an on-campus interview which lasted two hours. The first part of the interview was about 45 minutes with the director followed by a panel interview.
    The interview questions were well thought questions. Not a canned interview approach. Each person had thoroughly read my resume and cover letter and posed relevant questions.
     Following the interview all of my references were checked and then I was offered the job about 7-10 days later.
    HR called with the job offer and salary offer (not the director/manager) which was unusual. HR was totally unwilling to negotiate on salary or benefit package at all. Experience with HR was negative.
    The entire process took about 2+ months.

The offer was way lower than comparable positions at comparable institutions. It was also too low for the cost of living in the DC area. Further, HR was unwilling to negotiate in the slightest-- something that I've never encountered before in any previous job. If the salary had been adequate, then I probably would not have needed to negotiate.

Student Assisthant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Normal interview questions. mainly asking about availability since it is a student job. Nothing too hard or complex, and no questions about strengths and weaknesses. I think the only question was in regards to why do you want the position. Its through the school, so they want you to work and will give you the job.