Catholic University Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Assistant Director for Global Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online or via snail mail (who still uses snail mail for applications)! They demand that you submit a cover letter and resume (fine that is standard), but download a non-writeable PDF application (old-school) for the university and submit that, plus your salary requirements. That is a bit extreme.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements, past work experience, etc.   1 Answer

They were not even close to my salary requirements.

Graduate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fast and it all went smoothly. It was a panel interview of an hour. They were very nice and the question were easy to answer. They reached out to me with an offer 4 weeks later. I accepted the offer and its been great working there.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and straight to the point. I had two interviews, phone based and then face to face the following day as they were eager to fill a soon to be vacant position. I was asked questions based on my past experiences, and I had a chance to ask questions. the face to face was a follow up on the phone interview, I guess they just wanted to see my face. Was informed about the nature of the job, day to day tasks and basically the hierarchy of staff in the department. I think at that point I knew I was going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with numbers?   1 Answer

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Paper application, many emails for scheduling, phone interview, then on to on campus interview. Waited for 30 days, then another on campus interview. 2 weeks later, job offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to continue working with students and why at CUA?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening. The person performing the screening told me the interview process would be as follows: finish the rest of the phone screenings; conduct phone interviews for the best candidates from the phone screenings; invite the strongest phone interview contenders onto campus for the first round of interviews; then have a second round of interviews based on the first round of on campus interviews; and finally provide an offer. Apparently, I did so well during the screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. I was flattered.

However, it snowed the day before my interview. The University had a 2 hour delayed opening. I was in constant email contact with one of the two interviewers, letting her know I was going to be there when the university opened if it didn't disrupt the interviewers schedule. She assured me everything was fine, and to be at the university when it opened.

When I arrived at the interview, I was greeted by the phone screener and the second interviewer. She told me that the other interviewer could not make it because the public schools were closed and he needed to stay home and take care of his child.

She and I continued the interview, with most of the same questions she asked on the phone being asked again face-to-face. The only other different interview question asked is given below. Whether I answered it properly or not (to her subjective liking) is another question. I'm assuming not, since she told me she'd call me "In a couple of days," to reschedule the interview to include the other interviewer, but she never did.

She never even called to say the position was given to someone else. I called after 2 weeks wondering what happened (as I am from academia. This is the first time applying for staff positions. As a professor, I always received an email, phone call, letter, something that told me what was next). That's when she told me they offered the job to someone else, and if that person doesn't accept, then she'll contact me. Pretty rude in my book.

Interview Questions

• "We have a male professor who only teaches using videos. How would you approach this person and help him change?"   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

That was A phone interview which took about 15 minutes. Three interviewers but questions were mainly from one of them, who asked tough questions like why you took an industrial job when you graduated. At the end of the interview, they asked me if I have any questions. The phone interview went fine.

Student Assisthant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Normal interview questions. mainly asking about availability since it is a student job. Nothing too hard or complex, and no questions about strengths and weaknesses. I think the only question was in regards to why do you want the position. Its through the school, so they want you to work and will give you the job.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

There was an online application, and then a follow up interview. The interview was professional yet relaxed. The interviewer was kind and welcoming and very approachable. She addressed the mission of the office and the requirements of the position. We discussed how I would handle my course work as well as working with the office.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people in the department. Each person asked different questions and were open to answering some of mine. They discussed duties I was to perform, and what the office was like. Overall was very decent an interview and each person made a point of making me feel comfortable and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself with us?   1 Answer

Sacristan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

I had one interview after submitting a short statement of intent. The interview was short and to the point, and I was offered a position the next day. The interview focused on the technical requirements of the position, the ability to create and maintain my own hours, and the importance of the job for the Church at large, as well as in the community.