Cato First Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cato First Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cato

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cato (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

quick easy and personable, she asked me questions on my experience and how well did i work with others, and at the end of the interview we went on the sales floor and i had to pick to outfits for two different body types... a casual outfit and a dressy outfit from head to toe and explain why i picked those colors and styles.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working in retail?
    How would you deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cato

Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Kernersville, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Cato has a three part hiring process for part time associates. The first part includes an opinion survey which you must pass in order to proceed to the next phase. Phase two is a floor interview where you are to pick out outfits for events given, are asked to try and "sell" an item to the interviewing manager and also to describe current trends you see within the store. The third part of the interview is actually sitting down with the store manager in a formal interview with fairly common questions. If you are interviewing for a management position then once the interview with the store manager is completed and they wish to move forward, you interview with the district manager.

*Be aware that the length of this is dependent upon the hiring manager and how quickly they move along with the process. You will have to submit to a background check. Always be truthful about anything you believe is on your background, even if you aren't sure. People are denied by HR because they lied about their background, however, would have been hired had they just been honest to begin with.

*You will be required to submit a PAPER APPLICATION. Cato does not offer the ability to apply online at the time. You can print the application from catofashions.com and bring it into the store manager. Please make sure you are dressed professionally when coming into the store and be prepared to take the opinion survey when entering with your application. This can take up to thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Printed application online from catofashions.com and gave it to hiring store manager. Interviewed next day: taken two tests on personality and situational questions, algebraic equations and word association. Called in for 2nd interview: picking outfits: One dressy, one casual. Final interview with DM to explain job and requirements, situational questions. DM stressed the three major significances that is pertinent to their expectations. It pays to dress business dressy. Appearance is everything with this job, so please do not go in with Jeans or over accessorized expecting to be hired. Be professional, but fabulously fashionable.

Interview Questions

• Whom have you taken on and been proud of? How did you discipline an employee? How many have you managed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Asked for 9.50 and was offered 9.00 on account of no prior management experience. Was told that there is a one week training period with TSM in another store before I go into my actual store. Store discount, medical, and FT hours comes as benefits.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato in December 2010.

Interview

Interview includes questionnaire, personality testing, and sales floor interview covering customer service and merchandising skills. Manager will call for interview and set up a date and time to meet in store. Some managers prefer to administer personality testing first. If this test is not passed, the interviewer can NOT be hired.

Interview Questions

• The personality profile is made to confuse you by repeating questions in different ways. They also want the "correct" answer, not the "honest" answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for the highest amount possible AFTER an offer is made. Managers do not want to look at a high expected wage on the application but are more willing to accommodate you after you have passed all interview levels. Also keep in mind there is a cap that the manager is allowed to pay employees. If you believe you are worth more than that then fight for it. The manager can override the cap but will have to get approval from the District, Regional, and Territorial managers so make sure its worth her time.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cato (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

First you meet with the store manager and if she likes you and you pass the Orin test(personality test) you'll go onto an interview with the district manager. The interview with the manager you are asked to put together a trendy outfit from the store merchandise.

Interview Questions

• All the question were pretty much when was a time or how would you react senerios.   Answer Question