Cato First Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cato

2.5

First Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cato (Friendswood, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was asked about my work history, asked to put together some outfits and given a lengthy company personality test. I had turned in my application a couple of weeks prior, and someone walked off the job. I was asked to meet with the overall store manager for the initial interview, and was asked back for a second interview. The second interview was just filling out the company personality test.

Interview Questions

• They were most concerned with my work schedule availability. I later discovered that this was because I would constantly be covering for the various employees who didn't show up on a regular basis.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cato

First Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Clovis, NM) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed application in person, manager was on site at the moment. She asked if I had time to take a written test. The test consisted of 50 questions that you had to rate on a scale from totally agree to totally disagree, with many in between options such as sometimes disagree. After the test I was asked to return for an interview a week later. I met with the manager first then with the other assistant manager. Both asked questions and completed a form with my responses. They asked the same questions on the form. Then I was asked to put together two outfits, a casual and one that someone would dress up for a party such as a wedding. I completed both, to include the shoes and accessories. This can take awhile since you are not familiar with the merchandise so I had to pick items that caught my eye as I wandered the store. I found the task to be simple.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was what qualities I feel I have that can contribute to the team.   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you have a good employee show up late for work for the third time (company has a three strikes your out)?   1 Answer