Cato Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.3

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Lengthy! Took about 3 weeks. I called them multiple times so they would look at my resume and invite me to an interview. Hour long personality test, interview with both managers, also followed up with references, did a background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to put together outfits for a special occasion and then like sporting event date.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cato

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cato (Yukon, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Took 3 days . I applied in person on Tuesday , brought the application back on Wednesday . Manager asked me back for an interview the following Thursday. All in all, it was fairly quick. Manager seeped eager to get a new hire in.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to pick out two outfits. One for church, and one for a date.   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in progressing further into the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you personally add to our team?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been late? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • If you suspected a customer of stealing, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • If you weren't able to show up for a shift, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whiteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Whiteville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It went fairly easy. I was there for about an hour and a half. I was asked about my background, and customer service experience... basic interview questions. I was also asked a few scenario questions as well. At the end of the interview I had to complete a 90 question assessment.

Interview Questions

• Asks me to pick out a outfit in the store for a person going to church and heading straight to work afterwards.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview was simple and what I expected of a retail interview it was getting the second interview that was the problem. I had called constantly to set up the second interview with the manager that was in charge of me but she was pretty forgetful so I never got it. I've called multiple time but with the constant change of mangers at the store or any communication on their part I believe they could've been more organized.

Interview Questions

• If you found out one of your coworkers were stealing what do you do.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I walked in asked for an application and filled it out there. 3 days later I got a call for an interview. I got the job and it took a week before I started working. No drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is not negotiable. The hours you get depend on where you're located.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cato (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple standard questions followed by a call back and questionnaire that has the most common-sense questions ever thought of. Then, you're off to your first day of work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

In the interview you have to take the "Orion" assessment. It's like 150 years old so pretty easy to pass. Some stores make you pick out outfits and about your job history. But one thing they love to know is if you put in two week notices.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cato (Huntsville, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very short. I submitted my application and got a call two days later, they asked me if I would like to accept a position and if I could come in that weekend and finish the hiring process. The manager had a list of questions and I think she was picking them off of the list randomly.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you make a sale to someone who says they are "just looking"?
      2. How would you continue selling to someone in the dressing room?
      3. How would you continue selling to someone at the register?
      4. What would you do if you saw someone stealing or suspected a someone (a customer or employee) from stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cato (Middlesboro, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

You fill out your application. List you availability. Once the hiring manager has a look over you are scheduled to take a personality test. If you don't pass the test you won't get hired.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available to work weekends or as a call-in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

After I dropped off my application, I answered a 100 question opinion survey. I had to continuously call back to check the status of my application even though I was promised a call back within a week (I called them twice a week for three weeks). Eventually, an interview was set up. I had to call them back a week later to check my status again before being given a start date.