Cato Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.2

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cato (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I just walked into the location abouttonhand in my application and immediately the manager said I’m hired, but we still have to have the interview process. It went by super fast and all we did was talk about fashion.

Interview Questions

• What is something you love about the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cato

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Longview, TX).

Interview

The interview was lengthy but wasn't anything difficult. I was asked questions, filled out some papers, personality test, things of that nature, I assume average interview process. My manager is nice so it was pleasant. Also was taken into the store and had to choose outfits based on a situation given by the manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected the manager was stealing merchandise/money?   1 Answer
    • You've been late 3 times, what do you think would happen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called/informed that I had the job! Went in to work and was asked to take the Orion Survey. Was told "no right or wrong answers"..but the physcological survey assesses the views of the applicant in regards to ethics, what-ifs and scenarios that may or may not have ever happened to you as a person. I went from "employed" to "not qualified" based on risk factors that Orion has established for companies to use as a base-line.

Interview Questions

• You have stolen from a job in the past, you will never do it again.
      My thought? A pencil that you take home with you is really "stealing" in the scheme of things. I marked "agree" on the Orion test: WRONG ANSWER
      RIGHT ANSWER: No one ever steals anything from anywhere.

A person misses work for one day and does not inform his supervisor...he should be fired.
      I could only think of a couple of instances where this would be iffy...maybe you had a tragic death in the family or a car accident...I checked somewhat agree on the Orion test. WRONG ANSWER
      He should be fired.
      In hidesight, I did learn that answering the Orion survey honestly was what the interviewer would base my hire or non-hire qualifications upon...   1 Answer
    • Would you please take this Ryan Survey (Orion Survey-I looked at the top of the sheet).   1 Answer
    • If you are offered a job, why must I answer a survey? Who is Orion? Why do you keep saying there are no right or wrong answers and then explain that I am not qualified?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cato (Memphis, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on Friday received a call on Saturday and scheduled an interview Monday. I went into the store asked for the hiring manager and then filled out a paper application. She asked about 7 questions but said a lot of rude comments in regards to experience and wanting to work there. I didn't like the interviewerwas offered a position, but definitely declined.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Lengthy! Took about 3 weeks. I called them multiple times so they would look at my resume and invite me to an interview. Hour long personality test, interview with both managers, also followed up with references, did a background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to put together outfits for a special occasion and then like sporting event date.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Biloxi, MS) in April 2017.

Interview

Cato requires that you print the application and physically drop it off in the store. I like this because it gives a chance to meet face to face with the store manager. First impressions are key so dress for the job and be honest about your job expectations and keeps everything professional. Reference checks are a required part of Cato policy for new hires, so do not leave the references empty. If you're young and don't have job references, remember that people you babysat for, volunteered with, church group leaders, or teachers can make for good references. Next they have you come in and take a 100 question test to see if you're a good fit for the company, then they'll have you come in and actually answer questions one on one for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cato (Yukon, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Took 3 days . I applied in person on Tuesday , brought the application back on Wednesday . Manager asked me back for an interview the following Thursday. All in all, it was fairly quick. Manager seeped eager to get a new hire in.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to pick out two outfits. One for church, and one for a date.   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in progressing further into the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you personally add to our team?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been late? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • If you suspected a customer of stealing, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • If you weren't able to show up for a shift, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whiteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Whiteville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It went fairly easy. I was there for about an hour and a half. I was asked about my background, and customer service experience... basic interview questions. I was also asked a few scenario questions as well. At the end of the interview I had to complete a 90 question assessment.

Interview Questions

• Asks me to pick out a outfit in the store for a person going to church and heading straight to work afterwards.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview was simple and what I expected of a retail interview it was getting the second interview that was the problem. I had called constantly to set up the second interview with the manager that was in charge of me but she was pretty forgetful so I never got it. I've called multiple time but with the constant change of mangers at the store or any communication on their part I believe they could've been more organized.

Interview Questions

• If you found out one of your coworkers were stealing what do you do.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I walked in asked for an application and filled it out there. 3 days later I got a call for an interview. I got the job and it took a week before I started working. No drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is not negotiable. The hours you get depend on where you're located.