Cavium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone only. Interviewer late. Did not listen response and was clearly multitasking. was not hiring manager. Not professional questioning some product questions but was poorly organized. Probably not a good management environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Amherst, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

One on one, formal 45 min interview. XoR table, 0 to n find duplicates and how to delete a node on a linkedList. It wasnt too difficult. Should've prepare more to this interview. Havent received an answer yet.

Interview Questions

• XoR table, 0 to n find duplicates and how to delete a node on a linkedList.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cavium in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interivew -- friendly interviewers, but they got straight to the point. Asked about things I've done (essentially, go through resume) and then gave me a packet with technical interview questions.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cavium (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a short phone screen generally regarding profile.
    After that I was called on for the on-site interview. There were 6 rounds of onsite interviews taken in 2 days. First day for 4 rounds and Second day was 2 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Generally coding questions of arrays/semaphores and general networking. There was one Manager or Lead who was insisting on me drawing the layout of everything right from IPv4 header, TCP header and etc.. and wasnt quite impressed when I said that I dont remember that in exquisite detail. He was like you should know it.. totally blew me off.. a simple google search would be enough to find it at any time you would need.. I dont know why he wanted me to by-heart trivial things   Answer Question

Rtl Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cavium in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. 30 min technical phone interview. friendly interviewers. Ask many question about basic verilog and computer architecture question. And go through the project experience.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cavium (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 people interviewed me, hardly any technical questions asked. They clearly wanted an engineer to fill the position fast. They were curious to know if I will be willing to work late.

Principal Timing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (Marlborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a phone interview that lasted around an hour., It was technical with good technical questions about my work history and fundamental digital concepts- timing, clocking, FLIPS, FLOPS.

Interview Questions

• draw a state machine, FIFO question, clocking question, NAND   Answer Question

RTL Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens - each 1-hour interview. Digital design, Verilog and STA questions. Interviewers are very cool, they are very helpful. Interviewers explained what to expect at the job very well

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Amherst, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got the interview the day after the career fair. 1 hour technical interview in person with a very nice guy from engineering. General questions were asked and after 10 min of small talk we moved onto the major specific problems. He only prepared questions that were for the classes the I was currently taking(electronics, signals and systems, ect) but it was only 2 weeks into the semester and I couldnt really answer any of the questions well. He also gave me a K map question that was already fully reduced. He also asked a prime number's question but the way he described it was totally different from the answer he gave. My friends who got the phone interviews later in the semester faired alot better.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve this Mosphett circuit? Can you solve this RC circuit? Write sudo code for a program that would find the prime numbers from 0-50 (he later explained the answer with the prime numbers that when multiplied together make up the numbers from 0-50). Can you write the general code for a quick sort? Can you reduce xy'z + xy+ z' using a K map (already reduced but he just gave the terms on the fly after I couldnt answer Mosphet problems).   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the school's career fair. Talked to the recruiter at the career fair, followed by an on-campus interview the next day. The Interview wasn't that hard. The interviewer was really friendly. There were interviews for multiple positions and I heard varying things about the level of difficulty. I think all questions were tailored heavily based on the school's course material.