Cavium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

3.2

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cavium (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 people interviewed me, hardly any technical questions asked. They clearly wanted an engineer to fill the position fast. They were curious to know if I will be willing to work late.

Principal Timing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (Marlborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a phone interview that lasted around an hour., It was technical with good technical questions about my work history and fundamental digital concepts- timing, clocking, FLIPS, FLOPS.

Interview Questions

• draw a state machine, FIFO question, clocking question, NAND   Answer Question

RTL Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens - each 1-hour interview. Digital design, Verilog and STA questions. Interviewers are very cool, they are very helpful. Interviewers explained what to expect at the job very well

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Amherst, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got the interview the day after the career fair. 1 hour technical interview in person with a very nice guy from engineering. General questions were asked and after 10 min of small talk we moved onto the major specific problems. He only prepared questions that were for the classes the I was currently taking(electronics, signals and systems, ect) but it was only 2 weeks into the semester and I couldnt really answer any of the questions well. He also gave me a K map question that was already fully reduced. He also asked a prime number's question but the way he described it was totally different from the answer he gave. My friends who got the phone interviews later in the semester faired alot better.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve this Mosphett circuit? Can you solve this RC circuit? Write sudo code for a program that would find the prime numbers from 0-50 (he later explained the answer with the prime numbers that when multiplied together make up the numbers from 0-50). Can you write the general code for a quick sort? Can you reduce xy'z + xy+ z' using a K map (already reduced but he just gave the terms on the fly after I couldnt answer Mosphet problems).   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the school's career fair. Talked to the recruiter at the career fair, followed by an on-campus interview the next day. The Interview wasn't that hard. The interviewer was really friendly. There were interviews for multiple positions and I heard varying things about the level of difficulty. I think all questions were tailored heavily based on the school's course material.

New College Graduate RTL Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cavium (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got my interview through a recruiter. I completed my first phone interview on July 19th 2016 and now I am eagerly waiting for reply. It was a well conducted and an easy phone interview. I was mainly questions related to front end part of ASIC design. There were no behavioral questions and everything was technical .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium.

Interview

Applied through university career center. I got email from recruiter to set up phone screen interview. I was directly asked to rate myself in JAVA and no question on resume direct Data Structures.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

A woman called me and asked me a lot of detailed microarchitecture questions for 30 minutes. It was more like a discussion. I did not know much about all of the questions, but did tell her my thoughts. It was more like a discussion, and the woman was very nice, not harsh at all. It was a pleasant interview. After one day, she said she would give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the reasonable number of cache ways in a modern processor? How to improve memory subsystem?   Answer Question

RTL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was 2 step process. first phone interviews and then onsite. Unfortunately, the position was considered for required me to have work visa, which I currently don't have.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cavium (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I knew someone at the company, and he referred me internally for a position. The HR scheduled a telephonic screening with the hiring manager.

The interviewer did not bother calling on the set date/time. I sent emails to the HR, left them a voice mail. The HR never bothered responding.

A very unprofessional experience.