Cavium Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cavium Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium.

Interview

Applied through university career center. I got email from recruiter to set up phone screen interview. I was directly asked to rate myself in JAVA and no question on resume direct Data Structures.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cavium

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

people is nice, tough interview, the whole process take 5 weeks and got offer. people is nice, tough interview, the whole process take 5 weeks and got offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Written Test mainly is a pen and paper test which consists of 2 parts. one part is coding( mostly C) which has 10 questions and other one depends on the job profile which also has 10 questions.It may be related to microprocessors or networking etc. For me it was Networking. Each question may have multiple answers. We need to write explanation or justification to all the answers in the space provided. First part has basic C questions to find error in programs, Structures, enums, pointer arithmetic,Macros, basic concepts of dynamic memory allocation,operators and precedence,little endian or big endian, structural padding, bit manipulation, basic data structure question on trees, OS question on Mutex and semaphores. Part 2 was regarding networking which includes link layer, network layer,transport layer,application layer,Routers,switches,bridges,ARP,DNS,VLAN etc. Concentrating more on written is important as it plays a major role. Interview process has 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round. Technical round interviews test coding skills in DSA,C,OS, Networking or Microprocessors (depends).HR is just a formality round in order to test our confidence levels and our acceptance to theirs demands. Basic HR questions like tell me about yourself,Why cavium, Strengths and weakness etc were asked. Cracking the interview mostly depends on our written test. Since candidate's technical ability is mostly decided by written test. There is no aptitude.

Interview Questions

• 1)Design a data structure which can add 2 numbers in the range of 2^127 to 2^127-1 ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Mainly focusses on C and Operating system. Also little bit of computer organisation and data structure and algorithms. It had 3 rounds followed by one MCQ test. Two technical interview and one HR. MCQ test had C questions where you have to mark the answer and give reason also to support your answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cavium (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

There were 2 technical round and an HR round. It was C, Linux, Data Structures

Interview Questions

• In HR round I was asked a question "What if you are left in a barren island alone how will you go back to main land again. There are no trees or any other resources"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium in October 2012.

Interview

Campus placement.
    First round technical aptitude mostly C.
    Two technical round.
    1 HR.
    Asked questions from OS, Compiler, Architecture, bit manipulation, data structure (tree), Asked to write code for two problems like find depth of a tree etc. And wrote some network (socket) programs also....

Interview Questions

• part (function) of kernel which produces seg fault signal   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

First a 1 hour written exam testing your fundamentals in programming, Data Structures, OS internals, Networking, and Microprocessor architecture.
    If passed, you'll have 1:1 interview with a senior technical engineer, who'll make sure your answers in the exam aren't wild guesses and examine your approach on the incorrect answers. Your area of expertise will be thoroughly tested.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a queue using 2 stacks?   1 Answer