Cbeyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cbeyond Interview Questions

2.6

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First step of the interview process you interview with a Corporate recruiter. The interview is pretty much a formal interview. They will ask about your job history, education and why do you want a career in sales. they will ask questions like "how did you solve this problem at your last job" or "did you ever offer any suggestions that improve the productivity of your
    workplace."

Next step is you do a field ride with one of the sales reps at the company. You will spend the whole day out in the field shadowing a sales rep cold calling different business, so you get an idea the job is like on a every day basis. You will be expected to cold call a few doors, just to show the Rep that you can handle the basic function of the job. Afterwards at the end of the day you will finish up by having a interview with the team sales manager.
     and

The interview with the sales manager is usually informal and pretty much involves the sales manager trying to get a feel for the kind of person you are, and determine if you will be a good fit for the team. So obliviously try to be as personable as you can.

Interview Questions

• How did you positively influence the productivity of your co workers?   Answer Question

Interviewed for Sales Representative In Los Angeles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Horrible interview process. They scammed me into thinking I was getting a different position than the one I was applying for. Also the field day experience was absolutely excruciating. It was a total scam honestly and I don't wish this position or this company for that matter on anyone. They take advantage of new grads right out of college with desirable commission but in reality and in reality of sales in general it is not that glamorous. The office was stuffy and extremely unorganized as well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were nothing out of the ordinary...I got interviewed a few times throughout the day which i thought was odd but the worst part of the interview was when I had to shadow a current sales rep with CBeyond and go out in the field with him...which basically consisted of knocking on everyone and anyone's door in their given district. It was not only degrading but hugely embarrassing with the way we were treated by business owners and various companies in their territory.   1 Answer

The field day was the worst day of my life. They paired me up with a man that was similar in age that I was. I am 24. After 3 hours of effortless knocking on doors he decided to get lunch at a bar.. and to answer the next question you are probably thinking is YES he did drink (on the job) and during my interview process during the field day training. After he guzzled down 3 Guinness pints I decided to have a drink as well because at that point I knew even if I was offered the job which I was...I knew I didnt want it anyways.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Gardena, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

There was a three process interview, interview was very easy to get. They promise of high comissions and great gass allowance and phone allowance. Was kind of skeptical of it because of all the bad reviews i found flying around the web which seemed very true. Three step interview with the last being a ride along with one of the sales reps.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Aurora, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Cbeyond is a good "bootcamp" for just out of college, never had a sales job individual. The interviewer wants to hear, "always be closing" verbage and mentality. The sales model is based on very high activity so appear and answer energetically. The recruiters are focused on the "mellinial" generation. Two reasons, one, they know you have little work experience so can take advantage your "greeness" and shape you into an activity machine. 2, You'll be paid less, however, if you desire a career in sales, this is a great training ground. If you can endure and succeed at Cbeyond, every other sales job after that will be smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Personally, I don't believe there are any difficult questions during the interview. They expect little or no experience. The most difficult decision will be yours. Do you want to take this job having researched the going salary and what you may have heard about working conditions.   Answer Question

not a fit

TSR Interview

Interview

3 interviews. Second is a field ride.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable interview. Mostly behavior based questions with two interviewers. Looking for people who can handle the tasks from day one. Mostly read questions from a prepared list taking turns. Go in relaxed and prepared.

Solutions Advisor Coordinator Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Received an email a few days after submitting my resume to a friend who sent an email blast about an internship opening. Had an easy behavioral/conversational interview with two people one at a time; both very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with salespeople sometimes getting upset with you over mediation situations you would be involved in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Process Excellence Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Easy one round interview. All behavioral since they know they can teach you what you do not know fairly quickly. They liked to laugh and hear stories about how you solved problems.

Interview Questions

• Which character from The Office do you identify with the most?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a uncooperative group member in a team, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were assigned a project you did not want to do, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Busn Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Online app, followed by phone screen by recruiter. This took approx 2 to 3 weeks from time app was submitted to receiving call. After passing the phone screen, onsite interview was set up for the following week. After the interview, took another 2 weeks to get feedback that interviews were completed and an internal candidate was picked.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question posed was; are you interested in growing more horizontally (more responsibilities) or vertically (titles/climbing corporate ladder)?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I had 2 phone interview before going in for my "field day." I spent a day with my prospective team to get a feel of the meetings, in office training, and what a day in the field is like. I knocked on doors and tried my impromptu sales pitch. Then, at the end of the day, I had an interview with my prospective manager and the VP of Sales for the branch. I was told I would be called with the results the next business day.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of business ethics questions, such as "tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle that you had to overcome." "tell me about a time when you gave it your all and failed. Why did you fail, and what did you learn from that experience."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was entry level and had no ability to negotiate.