Cbeyond Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cbeyond Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Cbeyond

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Meet with 5 different managers, take a personality assesment, take a field ride all day out with a current employee, meet again with HR after meeting all of the requirements/background tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Cbeyond

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Reston, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring recruiter about the position after posting my resume. I had previous experience in the industry. The interview process was easy but overall unprofessional. The first interview was basically just reviewing my resume. The second interview was pretty much more of the same, but the Area Vice President (Branch Manager) was also involved in the interview. The third interview was a field ride. This consisted of spending a day in the field with one of the more "tenured" reps. He has been there about 6 months. This was where the unprofessional ism really was exposed, but I knew to expect this from talks with people who worked at the company. I did take the job, only to find out that most of the people working there are ruthless and rude. Twenty-five year-old "managers" use intimidation and micro-management to boss you around and scare you to see if you have what it takes to make it at the company. Honestly, I have heard great things about the Atlanta branch, but the branch in Reston, VA did not come close to what I have heard about Atlanta.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. They offer you the lowest position and its take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

1st- Phone interview with HR manager
    2nd- Interview with HR 1:1 in person
    3rd- Interview with a team manager that you will be placed on if are offered the job
    4th- Interview with VP of sales, presentation- sell a product to the VP
    5th- Field ride, day out with a sales rep to see if you are the right fit for the job

Interview Questions

• What was your worst subject in college, what grade did you get, and why did you do poorly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is set, no negotiation, but you have the potential to earn a lot based on your performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I sent my resume to one of my friends who had worked for Cbeyond in the past. The NEXT day I got a call from a recruiter who was extremely friendly. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and was a general overview of my resume. After that I had an in person interview with the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

First met with the hiring manager and if he/she likes you then you move on to the sales manager. The questions are geared to see if you are motivated and whether you can handle work hard in pressure situations. The hiring manager is friendly and asks a lot of situational questions. The second interview was extremely informal and the sales manager was extremely unprofessional compared to the hiring manager. The third interview is a field-ride where you go out and see how door-to-door sales is. DEFINITELY be active and make attempts to cold-call or they will not think you are aggressive enough to do sales. It was after the field-ride where I realized this job was not for me. It takes an amount of social skills and confidence to walk into 50 businesses a day and try to set an appointment.

The culture within the sales team is very laidback. It is a young team and they seemed like a fun group to work with. However, they do like to joke around so if you are easily offended and can't take a joke, or if you don't like to have fun at all this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you were innovative or creative in a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and he asked the usual question. "Why do you want to work in sales?", etc. If hired you get a specific region and are expected to hit 50 a day. It is a very high number but they are looking for you to build relationships with each owner. He did mention that there is alot of rejection and it was hard for alot of people so I would be prepared to explain how well you can handle rejection.

Interview Questions

• What kind of salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

I was looking for a more steady paycheck, and constant B2B sales may not be for me. If you are a hustler and a salesman or just looking for training and experience, this may be a very good place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Cbeyond's interview process is surprisingly extensive, given the companies high turn-around and employee retention rate. It began with a phone call which lasted approximately 15 minutes. In this call the job is described and defined. You'll "walk through" your resume with the recruiter and at the end of the call you'll be asked to come into the office for an in-person interview. Following the in person interview with another recruiter, you'll have an in person interview with a team lead, a job shadow with another employee, and a final interview with the VP of your branch. There are five steps from first call to job offer, making for an extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

The job is all about getting to every door in your territory. I felt more like a solicitor and less like a competent person. The office is great and the energy is infectious, so declining was a tough decision.

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Gardena, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Generally you are recruited. You do 1 phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by an interview with a team Manager. Next would be a ride along with a current territory sales rep. (Between each part of the interview process you will be in touch with the recruiter or manager to provide feedback on how you feel about the job). Finally, you meet with the manager again and one of the higher ups of the company who has the final say in your future.

Interview Questions

• What's your most embarassing story?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay is standard and the same for everyone.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview

So I technically only "interviewed" with this company once, but that's also because I cancelled more 2nd interview after reading multiple negative reviews on many different sites.

The first interview, though, was a phone interview. Unfortunately, I did not know this until they called me back after playing phone tag for a few days. I had actually applied for a position in Atlanta, but was contacted by the DC office. The first message I received was that they wanted to set up a time for me to come to DC to interview (I lived in VA at the time, so no big deal). Once I was able to actually get back in touch with them, they somehow managed to turn the quick interview scheduling call into a phone interview. Luckily for me, I'm always prepared and am able to answer questions about my experiences with no hesitation. This conversation was on a Tuesday afternoon (probably around 3pm) and they were wanting me to be in DC for the interview Wednesday morning! Yes, the very next day. I lived 3 hours away and had another job at the time, so that clearly wasn't going to work. I explained the situation in a polite, professional manner & they said they understood and worked with me to find a good day & time for me to come up. If you're applying with them, just be prepared!! The questions aren't difficult at all, but that doesn't really matter when you aren't even ready for an interview you didn' know was going to take place.

Interview Questions

• Everything! I was just expecting to be returning a call to set up an interview and ended up doing a phone interview. Good thing I didn't call back while I was driving!   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very Professional interview process. Begins with a phone interview. Continues with a face to face interview with a sales manager. Concludes with a field ride day to see the life of a salesperson.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview process could potentially be having to take a full day to do a field ride as part of the interview. If you are currently employed expect to take a full day off work to complete this part of the interview.   Answer Question