Cboe Global Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a job description via email from their HR department. I replied back that I didn't meet all their requirements. Two weeks later, they contacted me again, saying they will still interview me for the position. The next day I scheduled a phone call with their HR department to get an overview of the job. I scheduled an in person interview with the manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• There was a written test. And since I didn't meet the requirements, some of the questions we knocked off which was very nice.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was connected to the company by a local recruiter for a Python developer role. I had a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was nice and the conversation was reasonable. Following it I was sent a "coding test" which was actually a substantial programming project that required reading lots of proprietary documentation. It could have taken me an entire week to do it. The company uses a soon to be obsolete Python 2.7, not Python 3.x, and so I turned them down.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to return the nth fibonacci number. Provide both recursive and iterative implementations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

Applied online through experience.com and received an email response back from the company the next day. They did an initial phone call interview to get a feel for me. I was then invited in for an interview with two individuals from the department. I was invited back for a second round where I met with the entire department. I received a call to tell me that it was close, but that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Which do you think is more important: loyalty or integrity?   Answer Question
    • How do you best like to communicate with other members of the department (i.e., phone, email, in-person, etc.)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

You pretty much need to know someone to get into the Intern Program. An executive then tells HR to put you in program and they do. They call and see what you want to do and where you think you will learn the most.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to accomplish through this internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets in May 2014.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with HR. Very friendly and communicative. I accepted the offer as soon as they gave it to me. Great internship interview process. They made the whole process easy and stress free.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. I was put through a couple of technical interviews with the IT staff. They extended an offer quickly. The process was pleasant.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process where questions on design patterns, integration patterns are asked along with few questions related with Java. There were a few behavior questions and big picture questions and few basic questions on the business side - what's a put option, what's a call option, what's a future and strategy.

Interview Questions

• Name few of the design patterns that you have used in your projects   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

All applicants must apply via Human Resources with their resume and cover letter in late fall. In the winter, there was a phone interview in which applicants were asked about their interests in the industry and the company intself. In the spring applicants are notified via phone call on whether they received the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite general - "What interests you most in working for an exchange?"   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people, all very nice and accommodating. They made it seem like they liked me but I haven't heard back yet. They sat me down in a conference room and each person I met with talked to me for about a half hour. It was long but no tough questions.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cboe Global Markets (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very well and thoroughly conducted interview process. Professional but also not too intimidating.