Cedar Fair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.6

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked a few questions but not much. They did a team building activity together. We lened each other's names and about each other. I would say it was really easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked at a theme park   1 Answer

Customer Relations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Phone interview where he told me about the position and then asked me a series of questions. Was offered position immediately after. Interviewer was very nice and polite. Mainly asked me about past work experiences and why I wanted the position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where there was an issue in a customer's experience and you handled it   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was long and very tedious. you get interviewed by old employees from last season so they are not experts. Almost anyone can get in no matter what. It was very easy and you do not need to stress about it. You will pass with flying colors trust me.

Entertainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2015.

Interview

First a open call audition, in which we were generally instructed to prepare "two songs" and possibly a comedic monologue depending on what you auditioned for. If they wanted you for something that they immediately see is likely, they'll have you read sides from the shows and/or sing something most people know that are likely from the show.
    I auditioned for Singer, but totally bombed it, so I got character performer. Nonetheless, I got into the entertainment department.
    After, there's processing if the position is accepted.

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

they asked some simple questions for a pre interview then you go and take a drug test. if you get through all that then you go for the official interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

it's all up to who is doing your interview and if their having a bad day or not and if they like you enough to give you a chance for the job that you applied for.sometime's if your turned down you can ask for a different person to interview you if you think there has been a mistake with why you were not hired the first time around,some people really abuse their authority with the position they have...

Negotiation

they make you an offer and say that's just until they see what you can do and when your desperate for a job and they know it there's not much-room for a negotiation and you trust that they will be fair to you if you are a good worker.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kings Island, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is a rather long one. There is quite a bit of paper work and they had very slow response time with my hiring. Interview is dependent on the part of the park you are going into. For food and beverage I was hired on the spot of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I accepted anything.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Aurora, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online as soon as they were open, and got a call back about 2 months later for an interview 3 days later. Went to interview, turns out it was with my two supervisors. They asked the standard list of questions about Cedar Fairs standards Courtesy, Cleanliness, Service, Safety, and Integrity. Lasted about 45 minutes because we got along really well and got off topic a lot. You job offer was not issued until you attended the lifeguard classed taught and paid for by the company, and once you passed you were offered a job that you needed to accept online and then come in to process.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions - One policy you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, getting paid minimum wage.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Filled out an application at the hiring center. Was interviewed the next day and offered employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.they make an offer and you can take it or leave it.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Are you breathing?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None