Cedar Fair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cedar Fair Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

1.7

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Are you breathing?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kings Island, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

There was no actual interview but, instead, first, just a handwritten job application and, then, upon hire, a first assignment of finding a certain amusement. After I had walked back to my own hiring manager asking her to help me find such amusement, she then told me where such amusement really was. Then, I walked back to such amusement, waiting for customers to walk up to me asking me to change their own bills into quarters for them to insert into certain coin-operated machines next to which I was standing.

Interview Questions

• My own hiring manager asked me whether or not I knew the location of the B.B. Boats amusement.   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Because they hire a lot of people, the process couldn't have been simpler or easier! I filled out an online application. After that they use an open interview process where you come in, the website has specific dates and times. You have a quick interview with someone from HR, then just minutes later, if they're still interested they'll have a second, slightly more in depth interview. If you pass these two then congrats, you've pretty much made it. You'll have a final interview with the manager. This one is pretty relaxed though, she just asks questions about who you are and tries to get to know you some, then if she is going to give you a job she'll tell you what rides has positions available. If you're 17 or younger be prepared to not be able to work the bigger rides. MO law requires operators at those rides to be 18+. Anyway, WoF is a great place to work. Enjoy!

Interview Questions

• For me it was "Describe yourself in three words"   1 Answer

Negotiation

As far as negotiation goes, wages are set park wide so pay goes up when you get promoted. WoF is awesome about catering to accommodations, so if you have one, let the Rides Manager know, she'll work with you. Perhaps the best thing to "negotiate" is your ride. Don't over think it, you'll be able to work with your supervisors to switch if you want.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. They asked for basic things. You do not need to dress professionally to be at the interview. Most of the people who came in for the interview were all dressed in casual. Then again, when I applied for this job, it was during the summer and most of the part-timers were students whether in high school or college. Usually, they would offer the job right there and then. And you will have 48 hours afterward to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a difficult guest of ours?   1 Answer

Ticket Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

After you apply online, you will be sent an email instructing you to show up at Worlds of Fun for an interview during their HR business hours. Their human resources department is well-hidden and you'll probably have to ask the gate attendants for directions. The office, with its austere, white-washed walls isn't especially nice and the furniture looks like it's from the 90s in terms of style and condition. If you're applying before the season, be prepared to sit in a room with dozens of other applicants and wait an hour for your interview. The interview itself only uses stock questions and it'll probably be performed by whoever is working at the moment.

Stage Hand Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted an application, easy phone interview, then came in to process.

Interview Questions

• Had to be clean cut to get your photo ID, made me buy a razor and shave there with no cream.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Seasonal Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Buena Park, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied to be a tech for Halloween Haunt build. It was a casual interview. Sort of a cattle call - there were lots of people there. The HR department is well organized and conducted a pre-interview. Then, they sent me to speak with the department manager and another employee from that department. We talked about my skill set and experience. They asked questions about what I knew and when I could start. Pretty casual and we joked throughout.

Interview Questions

• When can you start/ do you understand that this is a seasonal position?   Answer Question

Marketing Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I did the general application online and then I received a call within the month. I then spoke with the hiring manager, who ended up being my boss, and he asked me behavioral questions. It was a simple interview and the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Will you keep records confidential?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

During the audition you sing two pop/country songs and if they like what they see they ask you to stay for a dance call. If you looked at as a stronger dancer you will be asked to then stay for a dancers dance call. Anywhere from a week to 4 months later you may receive a call with an offer and then there is a little interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be part of our Live E! family?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doswell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Doswell, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

easy, just a few questions to make sure i am normal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none