Cedar Fair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cedar Fair Interview Questions

1.6

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. They asked for basic things. You do not need to dress professionally to be at the interview. Most of the people who came in for the interview were all dressed in casual. Then again, when I applied for this job, it was during the summer and most of the part-timers were students whether in high school or college. Usually, they would offer the job right there and then. And you will have 48 hours afterward to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a difficult guest of ours?   1 Answer

Ticket Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

After you apply online, you will be sent an email instructing you to show up at Worlds of Fun for an interview during their HR business hours. Their human resources department is well-hidden and you'll probably have to ask the gate attendants for directions. The office, with its austere, white-washed walls isn't especially nice and the furniture looks like it's from the 90s in terms of style and condition. If you're applying before the season, be prepared to sit in a room with dozens of other applicants and wait an hour for your interview. The interview itself only uses stock questions and it'll probably be performed by whoever is working at the moment.

Stage Hand Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted an application, easy phone interview, then came in to process.

Interview Questions

• Had to be clean cut to get your photo ID, made me buy a razor and shave there with no cream.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Seasonal Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Buena Park, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied to be a tech for Halloween Haunt build. It was a casual interview. Sort of a cattle call - there were lots of people there. The HR department is well organized and conducted a pre-interview. Then, they sent me to speak with the department manager and another employee from that department. We talked about my skill set and experience. They asked questions about what I knew and when I could start. Pretty casual and we joked throughout.

Interview Questions

• When can you start/ do you understand that this is a seasonal position?   Answer Question

Marketing Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I did the general application online and then I received a call within the month. I then spoke with the hiring manager, who ended up being my boss, and he asked me behavioral questions. It was a simple interview and the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Will you keep records confidential?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

During the audition you sing two pop/country songs and if they like what they see they ask you to stay for a dance call. If you looked at as a stronger dancer you will be asked to then stay for a dancers dance call. Anywhere from a week to 4 months later you may receive a call with an offer and then there is a little interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be part of our Live E! family?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doswell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Doswell, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

easy, just a few questions to make sure i am normal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Allentown, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called back the next day. We set up an interview for a few days later. Easiest interview I've ever done. They seemed ridiculously impressed that I dressed professionally. I was taken back to an office and was told to fill out another application with questions like "tell us about a time where you needed to appease someone." The hiring manager came back and looked over my paper and said that I wrote too much, but laughed about it. We talked a little bit and he made me feel very comfortable. I was never officially offered the job at the interview, but rather was told that I got it. Then I had to go online later and accept the position. They need a huge number of employees for the summer, so they hire pretty much anyone.

Interview Questions

• Have you been to the park before? Where is the closet bathroom to steel force?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2009.

Interview

It was really easy. She just offered me the position after asking me a few questions about like, why I would want work there and what kind of a person I am. I mean, they only really higher younger kids in high school although there were a few people who were a lot older applying because of the economy

Interview Questions

• Describe a Situation in which you should leader experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations? Nah.

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in January 2009.

Interview

I was rehired from a previous position the previous season. The interview was laid-back and easy because I knew my interviewer and we had worked together for the whole summer before then. I was called to interview for an open supervisor position for the upcoming season. I have a feeling it was more of a formality than anything else, because my manager well understood my aptitude. I was offered the position the day after the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership qualities in the past?   Answer Question