Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

New Graduate RN Residency Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

This was one of the strangest interviews I have ever been on. I came in 30 minutes before my scheduled interviewer, and they were already looking for me in the hallways asking if I had arrived. I was greeted by two people for the interview, and they began the interview right away. One individual did all of the talking and interviewing. While I was answering one of the questions that he had asked me, the interviewer pulled out his cellphone and talked on the phone. The other individual seemed disinterested since even before the interview started. She shook my hands at our greeting very flimsily, no grip at all. I was highly concerned for her to the point that I wanted to ask if everything was alright. It must have been an off day for these two individuals.

Interview Questions

• The type of unit that I am the director of is _____ (it was a unit based on your interviewer, not a unit that you picked personally). What interests you about this unit?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

Very professional setting. Interviewer VERY interested in learning about who you are and how you fit as part of the team. You learn a good amount information about the job just sitting through the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation?   1 Answer

CRT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They called me about 2 weeks later for and interview. The office manager and xray department director interviewed me together. They told me about the place and asked me if I had any questions.

RN II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had one interview total. HR called me and made an appointment first. Met in the unit with the unit director and 2 unit supervisors. The interview was long and tense but everyone was nice and respectful.

Epic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very long day. Interviewed with 5 individuals and then a panel of 7, and then the Epic Sphinx test. They forgot to schedule lunch. Started at 8:30 and ended at 2:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about current position, why Cedars-Sinai, work ethic.   1 Answer

New Grad RN Interview

Interview

Applied online. They offer New Grad Residency program 4 times a year. Make sure you sign up for email job-notifications on their career site, because they stop accepting online applications (usually) after 50 applications. So once the first 50 applications have been submitted online, the job posting closes. The job posting is usually titled: New Grad Program - Registered Nurse I.

2 rounds of interview. First was a one-way video interview where you record yourself. Second was an in-person interview with the unit-managers and/or nurse educators. Mostly behavioral/scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• A patient is informed that they have 6 months to live, what do you do?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. As long as you have knowledge of what they are asking for it should be quite simple. They are quite fair and would be willing to retrain you as needed.My only word of caution is that it is sometimes for a specific department. I think I applied to Cedar-Sinai as a whole but ended up getting called by the heart/cardiology department. I sadly didn't know much about cardiology and the interviewer stated that they could retrain me but it would put me far behind and set me up for failure in the future.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with extrapolating key passages out of a sponsor's package and writing that into an IRB form submission?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fast and very nice. Took an LVN test that same day. They made me fee comfortable . I'm waiting on my test results for the LVN test I took with them

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Over the phone. Interview started with basic details of the recent history of the company. A description of duties was given for the position. Filler because I need to provide 3 words beyond what was a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what kind of accounts you reconciled?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in January 2017.

Interview

Went well and was asked questions about my availability and flexibility to take on many tasks. I was told I would hear from HR. I emailed and called to follow-up and was never contacted back, not even to say that the position had been filled, when I was specifically told I would be notified. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was willing to drive to different locations for job.   Answer Question