Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

RN II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had one interview total. HR called me and made an appointment first. Met in the unit with the unit director and 2 unit supervisors. The interview was long and tense but everyone was nice and respectful.

New Grad RN Interview

Interview

Applied online. They offer New Grad Residency program 4 times a year. Make sure you sign up for email job-notifications on their career site, because they stop accepting online applications (usually) after 50 applications. So once the first 50 applications have been submitted online, the job posting closes. The job posting is usually titled: New Grad Program - Registered Nurse I.

2 rounds of interview. First was a one-way video interview where you record yourself. Second was an in-person interview with the unit-managers and/or nurse educators. Mostly behavioral/scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• A patient is informed that they have 6 months to live, what do you do?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. As long as you have knowledge of what they are asking for it should be quite simple. They are quite fair and would be willing to retrain you as needed.My only word of caution is that it is sometimes for a specific department. I think I applied to Cedar-Sinai as a whole but ended up getting called by the heart/cardiology department. I sadly didn't know much about cardiology and the interviewer stated that they could retrain me but it would put me far behind and set me up for failure in the future.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with extrapolating key passages out of a sponsor's package and writing that into an IRB form submission?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fast and very nice. Took an LVN test that same day. They made me fee comfortable . I'm waiting on my test results for the LVN test I took with them

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Over the phone. Interview started with basic details of the recent history of the company. A description of duties was given for the position. Filler because I need to provide 3 words beyond what was a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what kind of accounts you reconciled?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in January 2017.

Interview

Went well and was asked questions about my availability and flexibility to take on many tasks. I was told I would hear from HR. I emailed and called to follow-up and was never contacted back, not even to say that the position had been filled, when I was specifically told I would be notified. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was willing to drive to different locations for job.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a nice interview with a nice and polite lady and she pretty much asked about all my previous experiences and type of works I did before.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online in November, interviewed a couple of weeks later in December. Interview lasted about 45 minutes with would be manager and immediate supervisor. Interview went well and was told I should hear back fairly soon since they were looking to hire someone ASAP. What followed next was 2.5 months of back and forth and excuses and 'delays'. I was constantly told by the HR rep that I was very well received and a top candidate for the position but there were just reconfiguring things within the department but don't worry, you're still in consideration. Then I was asked if I would be open to a temp position (which means no benefits and they can decide to not hire you permanently after miking work out of you for months).

Finally I received a call from HR informing me that after all that back and forth and building expectations that they went with an internal candidate. From initial interview to final decision was a little over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior/situational questions with some personality questions thrown in. No curveballs.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

3 step interview process: first is video, second is with educators, and third one is at the auditorium with directors from different units.
    Make sure to be early and prepare for the interview- behavioral and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this hospital? Why this unit?   Answer Question

Associate Change Control Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, nothing much to it. Applied internally. transferring from department. meet with the EIS recruiter and then manager and interview was very smooth just going over what I've done in my pass employments then met with another individual/associate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

What did you do in your previous department
      Answer Question