Celadon Trucking Services Driver Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celadon Trucking Services Driver Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Celadon Trucking Services

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Waxahachie, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

office ifill out application- always personal there.. need ops manager in person and an open door for all questions. Every thing about the job was up front for the asking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for the ability for advancement in the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Celadon Trucking Services

Driver Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

Interview

I was initially contacted through e-mail - the HR director got my resume through my school's career planning office. We scheduled a quick telephone interview to be completed the following day. She called on time and discussed the basics of my resume, the position, salary expectations, and schedule. This lasted 10 or 15 minutes, and I had a chance to ask a few questions. At the end we scheduled an in-person interview. I needed a little flexibility due to my work schedule at the time, and she was very accommodating, allowing me to call/email back and forth several times to confirm our interview date and time.

I arrived at the office (which was under construction at the time) and the receptionist took my picture, gave me a guest ID badge and a paper application to fill out. A few minutes later, the interviewer called me back into her office. We went over my resume in a little more detail, talked about my past experience and how it may apply to the job opening they were looking to fill. Then we went into a conference room with one of the operations managers, and I had another interview with both of them in there. He asked some of the same questions about my resume, the kind of place I think I would be a good fit, etc. It seemed like he was more concerned with my attitude and personality, and was trying to get a sense of how I think. Again, I had the chance to ask more questions, and got answers from his perspective. This went really well, and afterward I spoke with the HR director to schedule another interview with the other operations manager who was off that day.

I arrived at the office for this next (and final) interview and was called back into an office by the operations manager within a few minutes. His questions were almost all focused on how I would handle potential situations, whether I'd been put in uncomfortable scenarios before, what kind of experience I had, and how well I would fit in with the company culture. Constant communication with drivers is part of this job, and it's not always easy handling difficult situations, so he was trying to determine whether I was the right type of person to do this job. He was very honest and straightforward when answering my questions, and this is one of the things that sold me on this company. I left, and got a call from HR the same night (this was a Friday) indicating that I could expect a definitive answer on Monday, but that pending a reference check, I could probably expect a job offer at that time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Celadon? What makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

May have a little room to negotiate - pay can vary depending on your education and experience - I had a bachelor's degree and no experience, so that put me right in the middle of the salary range. Education + experience will move you higher, a lack of either may put you at the bottom of the range.