Celadon Trucking Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

Campus Recruiting18%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Celadon Trucking Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in Feb 2019

Interview

Apply online, recruiter gets in touch with you and you correspond via email and or phone. After coming to agreeable terms with recruiter they’ll either bus you or fly you in to one of their orientation locations - I went to Indianapolis. It’s a 3 day orientation in which you’ll do a medical, background check, road skills test and online safety short courses. Progressing through the stages will depend on clearance for each or results. Depending on your experience you might have to wait to be assigned a trainer or a truck and then you’re on your way.

2 people found this interview helpful

Celadon Trucking Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services

Interview

Very laid back and scripted questions. The person interviewer stuck close to my resume and made sure everything I said aligned with my resume. They would look at past jobs I have had and ask questions based off of those jobs.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness?
    Answer Question

Celadon Trucking Services

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in Apr 2018

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about setting up an interview. I had a phone screening with one of the account executive manger. I was brought in to see the facility and job shadow an employee for an hour. When I was there I always had an interview with the person I did my phone screening with as well as the supervisor. The interview seemed to go well, but the recruiter never responded back to any of my phone calls or emails. Isn't that their job?... would have been nice to at least let me know I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

There was only one full on site interview at one of the terminals. It only took about 45 minutes. They told me right in the interview it would start off in night shift before going to first after an unspecified amount of time. I'd have no problem signing up for night shift, except it was the first I heard about it during the whole application process, and I would've liked to have known about it before I applied They did extend an offer, but I needed a job that better suited my background and this was not it. The pay rate was under my expectations, especially for third shift to begin with, and I have 5 years of work experience under my belt.

Interview Questions
  • This position is for night shift, will you have any concerns with that?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN) in Nov 2017

Interview

The process was thorough. I interviewed with 3 different people for about a half hour each. It was a relaxed environment and not overly stuffy. The HR recruiter asked good questions leading up to the interview and I feel like they did a good job screening prospective candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied and the lead of recruiting reached out to me for an interview. We met the following Monday. He was twenty minutes late for the interview and didn't have any questions prepared. He couldn't even explain a benefits package to me. Basically, it was him selling the job to me. He asked when I could start and he explained he had other candidates to interview. I was told that I would hear back by that Friday with an update regardless of their decision. He gave me his number and email and told me to follow up if I didn't hear back. I've done so twice with NO response. Very unprofessional! Don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN) in Mar 2017

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted initially by a recruiter they use who scheduled a lengthy phone interview with me. At the end of our conversation he told me he was going to move me forward and referred me to the hiring sales manager for a phone interview. He informed me that if the hiring manager liked his recommendation he would contact me for a phone interview, which he did and that was approximately a 45 minute conversation with the hiring sales manager.

Interview Questions
  • How do you organize and prioritize your work/day?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN) in Jan 2017

Interview

2 Interviews. First interview was with one person, the second interview was a bit more intense with 3 other individuals. Both interviews provided the opportunity to expose my skills and learn a lot about the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

bad addtuided disorgnized takes to long mostly makes no since and would not allow a friend to go here if i can help iti would go to crst or jb hunt befor going here

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services (Indianapolis, IN) in Jul 2016

Interview

For people that are Cdl holders already you have a practice day that includes a 45 degree alley park and a practice road. For experience people you will more enlikly have a 2 day refresher and rookie Cdl holds will do the same with a 5 day. You have 3 tries to do it. Fail go home. Orientation is 2days.durning your stay there is so much down time and you do not get paid until only only orientation is completed roughly $125. No more no less. After rookie otr which includes 10,000 miles you than test out and more or may not than get hired. For the hiring process you will look at up to 1 1/2 months before you know if you are hired until than it's a wait and pray you make it that far. I say go for it, but can't afford to set and wait than maybe not best option. I am here it's not bad place treat you with respect for most part

Interview Questions
  • Make sure your Cdl medical card is all perfect they will look at everything in detail
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

Celadon Trucking Services Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Celadon Trucking Services as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.59 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Operations Analyst and Driver Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Truck Driver and Customer Relationship Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Celadon Trucking Services takes an average of 10 days when considering 41 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Company Driver had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Customer Relationship Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Celadon Trucking Services according to 41 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.16%