Celanese Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Celanese Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

2.8

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I participated in a phone screening interview with a recruiter. I was not selected for an in-person interview. The company's recruiter emailed me to set up the call. He was very friendly and professional. I was surprised that compensation came up immediately and should have been more prepared to talk about compensation at such an early stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Celanese? What did I know about Celanese? Asked me about compensation requirements immediately.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Internship to full-time interview

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Pairs of managers asked questions, sometimes specific sometimes the dreaded and useless "where do you see yourself in five years". Managers permitted little to no time for my questions, unfortunately, and had vague responses to specific questions about job tasks.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Very effecient and quick to contact me back.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any difficult questions. Very natural interview   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume through my University. I got a call later that same day to schedule a conference phone interview. They were pretty professional.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

This was an internal posting. They just went through the motions because they already knew they were going to promote from within. The interview process was disproportional to the job level. Some of the interviewers were professional while others seemed to get satisfaction out of making the candidate squirm or be uncomfortable. The reasons they gave for their selection were rehearsed, prepared and inaccurate because they needed to justify their choice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are qualified to be a team lead because you work in IT and don't have any current supervisory experience.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

Fair interview, asked several questions about international experience and development making methodologies.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a current employee at the company to fill a position that they had open. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who set up a phone interview with a manager. After speaking with the manager, the recruiter again got in touch with me to set up an interview day. Travel expenses were covered. On the interview day, I had three separate interviews: a panel of future co-workers, the manager who had interviewed me over the phone, and an executive in the area of the open position. Everything went very smoothly. A while later (maybe a week or three), I received a call again from the recruiter with an offer, along with an overnight FedEx package the next day with the details.

Advice? Be yourself. If you have to "act" to be acceptable for them, then you're going to have to "act" the whole time you are working there. You can't keep that up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was disappointingly low. I spoke with the recruiter and explained to her that I would like to be paid what I'm worth and that I thought that the going salary was considerably higher. They came back with an acceptable offer (by phone and on paper) that also included a sign-on bonus.

Advice? Don't accept an offer that you don't think is reasonable.