Celanese Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The CISO of the company contacted me through LinkedIn after reviewing my profile. The Interview process was pretty relaxed. I interviewed with 5 people, 30 minutes each. The interview was more on the conversational side, talked about my interest in the security industry. I talked about my pentest labs and my projects from school.

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I participated in a phone screening interview with a recruiter. I was not selected for an in-person interview. The company's recruiter emailed me to set up the call. He was very friendly and professional. I was surprised that compensation came up immediately and should have been more prepared to talk about compensation at such an early stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Celanese? What did I know about Celanese? Asked me about compensation requirements immediately.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Thick Dracula type accent and very hard to understand. Strongly encourage you to ask for translator or if you speak Hungarian to use that language instead. They tend to ask the ordinary questions that are asked on typical interviews. They are looking to fill quotas or seats since they recently terminated several people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why did you leave your last employer? Are you related to anyone here?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? are you a safety conscience person   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Internship to full-time interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They care more about whether you will fit in with the group then your overall resume. Make sure the interview is a conversation. They want to know if you will fall in line with what management wants. They kind of need "robots" (people that just do what they are asked to do and not ask questions.)

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about yourself.   1 Answer

IT Ops Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Irving, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with the hiring manager and she wanted me to come in for an on-site interview. Celanese HR setup an interview appointment with me and met with the hiring manager and another person from desktop support.

Interview Questions

• Are you a specialist or generalist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A few phone calls to see how much I was paid in previous jobs. They gave me a rough estimate and a minimum payment. I was offered much more than expected without ever negotiating.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Pairs of managers asked questions, sometimes specific sometimes the dreaded and useless "where do you see yourself in five years". Managers permitted little to no time for my questions, unfortunately, and had vague responses to specific questions about job tasks.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Very effecient and quick to contact me back.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any difficult questions. Very natural interview   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume through my University. I got a call later that same day to schedule a conference phone interview. They were pretty professional.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Celanese (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

This was an internal posting. They just went through the motions because they already knew they were going to promote from within. The interview process was disproportional to the job level. Some of the interviewers were professional while others seemed to get satisfaction out of making the candidate squirm or be uncomfortable. The reasons they gave for their selection were rehearsed, prepared and inaccurate because they needed to justify their choice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are qualified to be a team lead because you work in IT and don't have any current supervisory experience.   1 Answer