Cellular Sales Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Aberdeen, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Scam. Applied for the position after a job fair with the local State career center, also applied online. Halfway through interview process which is approx 30 days long was told that someone from another area transferred to the location and the position was no longer available. Position has been re-posted 6 more times the last 3 Weeks, no return calls, or new interviews since applying for the position 4 more times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or dissatisfied customer. What did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburndale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Auburndale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a very brief phone interview. If you answer the phone you will probably progress to step two.
    Step two was a face to face with a recruiter. It was held in the meeting room at a hotel directly across the street from one of their stores. The room was set up like it was going to be a group interview, so I was quite surprised when it turned out to be a one on one.
    The HR person then proceed to ask me every standard boilerplate interview question you can think of, very few of them were sales related. The only sales related one that comes to mind was "What ways can you bring more customers to the store." More on that in a bit.
    The whole time there was no real dialog. Simple how do you do, 20 or so questions, then a two minute spiel about the company that she was clearly reading off her computer screen.
    Now, the kicker when she's telling me about the company... While it's expected that I will find my own customers, commissions on new sales and renewals are split among the team. Once I heard that, combined with what I had read here and elsewhere about schedule lotteries, retail price charge-backs for cancelled contracts, and retail withholding for lost or stolen merchandise I'd heard enough. When she asked if I had any questions, I politely said "No I think I'm good" and left.
    If you've been in sales more than an hour, you can find better opportunities than this.

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Vicksburg, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

Fun and energetic. Great understanding of the company and the inner workings. I was able to prepare for the training ahead and able to understand what it takes to succeed. Best interview I've ever had as well.

Interview Questions

• If I am an ethical and honest man?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

There was a 3 party interview. First by doing a computer interview, then with the recruiter, and lastly with the Regional Director. The overall experience was intense, but not overwhelming. They want to make sure that they are choosing the right fit for their company before making an investment in them.

Interview Questions

• Expect in depth questions regarding your decision making. Also questions to determine your personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Scott, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Fort Scott, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was long, It took about a month to get fully through the interview process It was a little long but It was well worth it at the end!

Interview Questions

• What is your selfish reason for wanting this position, and what is driving you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Aberdeen, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy. Made you jump through a lot of hoops to make you feel like you accomplished something. There was testing, video interview, personality tests. First interview and a second interview. It took a whole month to get through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. 100 percent commission only.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

Met with recruiter, local manager and regional director. Was given the night to think the position over and accepted the following morning. Overall the process was very straightforward and the company is looking for people who can produce.

Wireless Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator, who scheduled a 45-minute phone interview with a recruiter. After that phone interview, I was asked to meet the recruiter for an in-person interview. That interview was two hours long. It began with him asking me a lot of the same questions over again, and then it became more informational. He told me the pros and cons of working for the company and then appeared to be trying to "sell" me on the company. He urged me several times to agree to a final interview with the Regional Director, which I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Intense but thorough interview. Focused on my resume over time, and each detail at each job including sales performance and accomplishments. It took over an hour and a half, and was intense but enjoyable.
    The recruiter focused on each resume bullet point and accessed how I performed at each, what challenges I had faced and how I overcame them.

I was also asked to walk through the ideal sales process: listing the steps, handling sales objections, and giving a pitch.

The dress was business professional, and everyone in the office was dressed extremely sharp.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me your most significant accomplishment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (York, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Three, full interviews with first one over the phone and second and third in-person, with the recruiter and regional director. First two really get to know you well as a person and worker and third dives deep into the position and further details. Pretty straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall what the most difficult or unexpected question was, but I do remember there was a couple or so that made you think. However, most, if not all, of the questions were pretty easy to answer as long as you thought well enough about it and prepared yourself for the interview ahead of time as I did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate a sign-on bonus of any kind or financial help with purchasing dress attire, but it wasn't a big deal to me. Thankfully the training is paid at $10/hour for a 40-hour work week.