Cengage Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 349 of over 349 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group (Boston, MA) in Jul 2019

Interview

The actual interview at Cengage for me was very refreshing. It felt more like a conversation than a formal interview. I wish more interviews were more like the one I had at Cengage. It really helped calm the nerves, and felt like I was talking to an old friend. I went home immediately wanting the job, even though I had been offered similar positions at two other companies. A couple of weeks later I was offered the position at Cengage, and of course I took it.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Coming from a freelance background, how do you think you would do working on a team of media designers?
    Answer Question

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Positive - everyone was polite. Several rounds were conducted. No feedback was ever provided after the fact. Never heard any communication as to not being considered further after several rounds of interviews took place.

Interview Questions
  • Interest in the position applied for was a reoccurring theme

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group (Covington, KY)

Interview

Long interview process. Screen, interview, jobs shadow, Written test that includes open response questions and essay, panel interview with mock pitch. Was a very long process. Everyone seemed nice but they ended up not wanting to fill the position and no one could tell me why

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time something did not go as planned and how did you handle it
1 person found this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

The interview questions were pretty standard and everyone I spoke with was super friendly, casual, and a pleasure to talk to. The Cengage interview process, however, is lengthy - convenient for the company to find the right fit but ultimately disrespectful to the candidate and their time. It was never made clear that there would be 5+ one-on-one interviews before an offer would be extended. Instead, I received email after email scheduling yet another interview without any indication where I was in the process. 1. Phone interview 2. Interview with the hiring manager 3. Interview with a manager in the department 4. Interview with team member 5. Interview with team member 6. Interview with another hiring manager during which I was told if they were to more forward there would be one more interview. Some of these interviews could have easily been combined into group interviews to save the candidate some time and shorten the amount interview scheduling. It's downright insulting to have a candidate interview that many times without the intention of making an offer. Just to reiterate, the people at the company are wonderful, it's just the process that is disrespectful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Really Thorough and nice through the process. The hiring manager takes the time to walk you through the systems they will use. They also are very laid back. There's no need to be nervous.

Interview Questions
  • No questions were given at the interview. You can ask as many as you need.

Anonymous Employee in Paris, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group (Paris, KY) in Aug 2021

Interview

The hiring process is pretty extensive for the job itself but I was glad for it to learn more about company culture and what’s important to them in employees. I was first contacted by HR for a 20 minute phone screen going over my previous experience to ensure I was a good fit, my education, and salary expectations. The job description was explained and given a brief overview of the company. After that, I was scheduled for a panel interview with Digital Success managers. I was first interviewed by 3 managers with varying questions and then transferred to 3 more managers. That was a bit shocking and a little exhausting! I wasn’t expecting a transfer to additional managers. The questions were more experienced and situation based versus questions about my resume. The panel interview with the managers lasted about 45 minutes. After that, I was sent a writing project (example emails given and needed responses). After submission to managers and director, I was then scheduled for an additional interview with the DS director. That interview was about 30 minutes and a more casual discussion on the company, what interested me, and any questions I had about the position. The managers and director were all so kind and welcoming. I wasn’t intimidated at all and felt at ease with how open, kind, and laid back the management was. After the DS director interview, I was contacted by my selected manager that made the verbal offer. After accepting the verbal offer, HR sent a written offer and onboarding documents.

Interview Questions
  • When did a company go above and beyond for you?
  • What are the most challenging aspects of your current position?
  • What does customer service mean to you?
  • If a customer was angry, how would you handle the situation to deescalate and maintain the customer?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

Scheduled interviews through HR via email. Two rounds of interviews, very pleasant hiring manager and colleague. It was easy to schedule and discuss the position. thoroughly. Both interviewers were encouraging and honest.

Interview Questions
  • What is my background, working style, past challenges. Very typical questions.

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

One person could not meet because production fires. The people I did meet with were very friendly and personable. Did some simple coding and talked through problems. Thought I nailed the interview but was told they needed more senior leadership in place.

Interview Questions
  • Design pojos for a scenario. How would you build on it for different requirements.

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

The recruiter was very responsive and straightforward interview process. They take their time, but you will interview with plenty of people on the team that you are interviewing for. All standard interview questions, no tests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Very simple video interview scheduled via email. It was streamlined and efficient. Everyone was very nice and easygoing. All in all great company. There were no difficult questions and it wasn’t stressful at all.

Interview Questions
  • Usual items like questions about strengths and weaknesses. Customer service based inquiries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage Group (Raleigh, NC) in Jun 2021

Interview

You complete meetings with different team members each round. There are about three or four rounds and each time, you meet with people in different roles who you would be establishing relationships with if given the job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize when given multiple tasks to complete?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 349 Interviews