Cover image for Cengage Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Cengage Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 378 of over 378 interviews

Recruiter11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

The interview process went well. The first interview was a phone call with a company recruiter then there were two video interviews, one with the hiring manager and the other with two employees. Everyone was kind, energetic, easy to talk with, and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • My experience, skills, and how I would handle certain situations pertaining to the job.
    Answer Question

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

I first completed a one-way video interview and then was contacted for a phone interview with a supervisor. After this, I had a second interview on zoom with the supervisor and a second supervisor. The interviews were both very low-stress and pleasant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

The interview involved a lot of people, but was easier than I expected. There were at least five people to interview with and the process was long, but the questions were not terribly difficult.

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Recruiter screen, followed by hiring manager screen with mini strategy case, two case studies with data exercise that was sent about 48 hrs in advance, panel with ~3 sr leaders, and then additional follow up with hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • Common pitfalls companies fall into around strategy, what done to avoid them

Cengage Group

Application

I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Recruiter from MI office was pleasant, professional and friendly. On the other hand Hiring manager was disengaged, rude, unhappy. I felt there was a biased on her demeanor and on the way she spoke to me.

1 person found this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage Group in Oct 2022

Interview

Not very personable recruiters. They make the position seem very unappealing and gave warning during the interview which is really odd. The description on their posting was very different than what they described during the interview. Seemed very bland and discouraging to the interviewee.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

The interview process included a trial sales experience. It was time-consuming. I reached out to prospects without any training and was worried that my first impressions with these prospects would be unprofessional as a result. I learned that the position was not a great fit for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cengage Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Long and somewhat vague. Skill set, success rate, and experience aren't the values they're looking for, so it's tough to know how to position yourself to their liking. Focus on "why do you want this job? You're overqualified." This relentless focus began to devalue the position; if the candidate applies and interviews - they want the job (?)

Cengage Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cengage Group

Interview

Had some really great conversations with a total of 6 individuals including the original screening which spanned over 4 weeks. Could definitely see that I would love working with all of them. The project was very aligned to my career path as well. The last interview wasn’t so smooth. She was late to the zoom and also said she had never read my resume. That made me feel like they weren’t seriously considering me. I emailed the lead a week ago thanking him and how much I enjoyed meeting everyone and haven’t heard back. I will assume they aren’t interested but it would be nice to know and put a bookend to this experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Independence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Cengage Group (Independence, KY) in Jul 2022

Interview

Process was very streamlined. Seemed to be based off numbers- As I was walking out, another candidate was coming in. They asked about why I wanted to work there, how I found out about the position, what a brief overview of my work history was and if I was a student. I signed some papers and was told my documents inc i-9 forms and background check would be emailed to me by HR. I was then shuffled to the nurse that works on-site there to specifically administer a urine drug screen. I was told my start date would be a week from interview date. I inquired about promotion and moving around positions within the company as well as benefits but they really weren't to concerned and that I would receive benefits upon being hired on no-longer as a temp, earliest possibility being around 4-5 months. Something tells me that this isn't a very typical things and that their turnover rate is prob very high

Interview Questions
  • What or who brought you to Cengage?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 378 Interviews

Cengage Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Cengage Group as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Product Manager and Learning Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Representative and Product Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Cengage Group takes an average of 33 days when considering 387 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Product Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 24 days), whereas Product Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 53 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Cengage Group according to 387 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.90%

Work at Cengage Group? Share Your Experiences

Cengage Group logo

Cengage Group Careers

Cover image for Cengage Group

We are proud of our deep heritage, which dates back to the early 1900s. During the last one hundred years, Cengage Group has evolved into...More

• Employee Experience
  • Cengage Group ERGs
  • What We Do
  • Benefits

Company Updates

24 days ago

Proud to announce we've been named a Best Place to Work in 2023 by the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards! We're listed as one of the top 100 large U.S. companies and earned this recognition based solely on the input of current and former employees. Earning a spot on this list is particularly meaningful as it demonstrates our strong culture and commitment to transparent and honest feedback. With that, we'd like to thank our more than 4,500 global Cengage Group employees for their willingness to share their experiences, helping us to continually raise the bar as an employer. Hear more from our CEO Michael Hansen on this recognition here: http://bit.ly/3jYGfvk
Shared image - Cengage Group Named a Best Place to Work in 2023 by Glassdoor
Cengage Group Named a Best Place to Work in 2023 by Glassdoor
bit.ly

29 days ago

Careers
We recently interviewed 5 employees who work in technology, content, sales, software engineering and finance, all areas where we are currently hiring. Read our "A Day in the Life" blog to hear from Douglas Mealing, Chanda Pittman, Jarrod Mayes, Joshua Salcido and Kayla Blakely who each share a bit about their career journey and an inside look at what it’s like to work at Cengage Group: https://bit.ly/3Hyz7zB
Shared image

Cengage Group Photos

+ Add Photo
Cengage Group photo of: the Boston office lobby
Cengage Group photo of: open air roof top deck at the Boston office with a view of the ocean
Cengage Group photo of: open air roof top deck at the Boston office
Cengage Group photo of: Employee working in the Boston, MA office
Cengage Group photo of: Employees having lunch in the Boston, MA kitchen
Cengage Group photo of: CEO, Michael Hansen in the Boston office kitchen talking to employees
Cengage Group photo of: CEO, Michael Hansen hosting a 'First Friday' open forum conversation with employees in the Boston office

Expert Career Advice