Cengage Senior Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cengage Senior Editor Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cengage.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources
    Interview with hiring manager and 3 staff at same level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much, only $1500 more.

Senior Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

I interview with 4 people two months after applying online. Interview lasted 4hrs. Was asked to provide sample edit; then asked to complete second phase of online app. Kept in good contact with one woman. Process was drawn out; was misled about position. Ask HR about payscale for your position.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Is the commute going to be too far?   1 Answer

Got offer almost 8 weeks after interview. Offer was for a lower position and salary. I was offended for being mislead. It would have been professional of the company to let me know that the open position had changed so I wouldn't waste my time on a position that did not interested me. I'm lucky to have a job, so I didn't have to settle for less.

Senior Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cengage (Belmont, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Got this interview through an referral of someone I met. Talked via phone and in-person with about 7-8 people. Most of the interviewers asked general questions and some were not prepared. Most of it seemed like a "does she fit" interview. Was not offered the job, I suspect because of my salary requirements. Salaries in the publishing industry are low.

General sense is that Cengage is trying to change, become more media savvy, but has a lot of baggage.