Censeo Consulting Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Censeo Consulting Group

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter through my university's job board and was contacted to sign up for a coffee chat, which was a pre-screen step before they selected interviewees. First-round interview was held on-campus, with a happy hour the night before to meet some employees and interviewers. First-round interview was 2 back to back cases with 2 different interviewers - average difficulty, more focused on concepts than nitty-gritty execution. I was contacted via phone less than a week later and invited to their offices in DC for a final round interview. Again, a happy hour the night before, but this time close to the whole staff was there including CEO. Final round interview were again, 2 back to back cases with MDs along with some behavioral and fit questions. Cases were challenging but not impossible. Overall extremely positive experience - they were clearly focused more on whether you could think creatively and intelligently rather than regurgitate frameworks from a case book. Employees were incredibly nice along the way, emailing to offer to answer questions or offer advice.

Other Interview Reviews for Censeo Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2014.

Interview

I went through the interview process at Censeo through undergraduate recruiting at my university. The process from start to finish took about a month and began with a resume/cover letter drop, followed by coffee chats, then a first round interview on campus consisting of behavioral questions as well as cases/mini-cases. The final round interview was held in DC (along with a company happy hour to get to know people at the firm) and consisted mostly of case interviews with a few behavioral questions. At every step of the process, Censeo was very responsive about updating candidates about getting to the next round of interviews and did so on the phone. All throughout, individuals at Censeo were extremely welcoming and happy to answer any questions I had.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process for college graduates includes behavioral rounds interspersed with consulting case interview rounds. Although you might not realize it, the company is judging you at the happy hours, dinners and coffee chats just as strongly as they are when you are performing your case interviews. Shine at one and not the other, and you won't make it to the next round. Take those coffee chats and happy hours very seriously. I would indicate a strong interest in the public/private sector and demonstrate a clear understanding of what Censeo does.

The case interviews are pretty classic. The company uses prepared cases and they usually take about an hour to go through each. Be prepared at final rounds to do 3-4 cases with Directors of the firm. The cases will usually involve tables/charts of numbers, so be prepared to analyze them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to estimate the number of tractor trailers in the U.S.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview

Censeo conducted its interviews during on campus recruiting at my university. To apply, I simply needed to submit a cover letter and resume through my university's job portal. After about two weeks, I received an email that invited me to informal coffee chats with two recruiters. We were told that fifty percent of those invited to the coffee chats would be granted a formal interview. The recruiters were very nice and answered a lot of my preliminary questions. A few days later, I learned that I had been granted an interview. The interview consisted of two parts that are standard to most consulting jobs: one part case-study and one part behavioral/skills based. The case interview was pretty straight forward. It did not involve any difficult math and was mainly about cutting costs. The second interview had two portions, The first half was behavioral so as long as you have a few stories to work off, it's really no big deal. My only struggles came with the second half of this second interview. It involved analyzing graphs and charts. Based on the question accompanying these items, I made the mistake of thinking I needed to make calculations. Instead the purpose of the exercise was merely to demonstrate your ability to pick on trends. Don't make the same mistake! I didn't receive an invitation to move on to the final, but if I had, it would have taken place at their office in DC.

One last thing to note: Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter was kind enough to respond to email regarding things to work on.

Interview Questions

• Company A has had declining profits in the United States over the past decade. Brainstorm ways to reverse the company's fortunes.   Answer Question