Centene Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

One on One interview with the hiring manager, very comfortable enviroment. Interview process was more so a conversation then just question after question. No pressure interview and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go outside of policy to satisfy your customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Centene

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

It took several weeks to hear from them with a email thanking me for my time after I had to sit and wait 45 minutes for my interview because the hiring manager forgot about the interview and had left the building

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was invited to their career fair to interview. I was called back right away because I had an appointment. The interview lasted all of 25 minutes with 10 questions being asked. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

You get to interview with the hiring supervisor its about 30 minutes to 45 min. Received offer but after background cleared I was told position closed no further explanation. I was just told keep applying to other positions but you see same position posted.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations on previous employments   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Plainfield, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two call center supervisors. First, I had to do a test on the computer- easy stuff, just seeing if I was able to navigate through the website and answer some questions. It was very laid back. They both asked questions- the usual situational questions. They were both friendly and easy to talk to. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes.
    Got an email two days later and also a call from a HR rep to consent to background check. That was almost two weeks ago. I have left two messages with the HR rep asking him to advise me either way of my status as I have another job offer, which I only want to consider if I didn't get the job at Centene (I didn't state in my message that I had another offer). He has failed to return either of my calls. I wish companies would let you know something, even if it is bad news. I'm a grown up, I can handle it. It's disappointing because I was really hoping for this job, with a company that I could grow with.

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centene (Maitland, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very pleasant and friendly. From the moment i got my phone interview, they prepared me for the 1:1 interview so i could be successful. It was one of the best interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• How many days do you consider is acceptable to call out from work during the first 6 months.   1 Answer
    • Are u familiarized with work metrics?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene in June 2015.

Interview

It was a rather extensive process with the background and verification processes however the interview was great. She was pleasant and asked me lots of questions regarding my desire to work with them and my future goals within the company. I first went through the phone interview, then I had a brief computer test on my ability accessing the net and then I had my 1:1... I was offered a position; contingent of course on my clear background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, got a call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Interview was average, mostly behavioral and past experience questions. I was told they'd move my profile to the next step of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went beyond your duties for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Rocky Mount, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was Great. Very Laid back. I had the supervisor and Team Lead ask very simple questions. Supervisor was very helpful, If my answers lacked details she would ask more .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Centene is a good company to work for. Decent pay and great benefits.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centene in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great! it wasn't to long, before hearing the verdict
    but while in the interview you want to make sure you are confident in yourself, even if your nervious, remain calm and do not be so quick to respond to their questions, show them that your listening and responding honestly, try not to misinterpret their questions, periodically you can say, " just to be clear your asking,...." and don't do that too much because it will become rather irritating, and every interview the employer always ask " do you have any questions for me" always always ALWAYS HAVE ONE, to show them your engaged, not about pay but about the organization