Center for American Progress Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for American Progress in November 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview with an assistant on the team. Followed by a phone call with the intern director. I was then contacted with an offer via email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Center for American Progress

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Center for American Progress in March 2016.

Interview

Intern director reviews the applications first and then passes selected ones onto the applicants ' preferred departments. I was contacted by a staff member from the team I wanted to work with to set up an interview about 3 weeks after I applied. It was light and casual with typical internship questions- lasted about 15mins.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for American Progress in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I submitted my application and less than a week afterwards, I was contacted for a phone interview. It was about half an hour and the interviewer just asked me about myself and skills, then told me about the organization. However, I was never told about the status of my application even after I followed up with them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for the Center for American Progress?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Center for American Progress.

Interview

Standard online application followed by a phone interview with someone in the department you applied to. Lots of flexibility when it comes to departments to apply to. The phone interview was pretty standard, asking about past experience and things of that nature. The internship offer came a few weeks after. The process definitely was not as speedy as I would have liked it to be, but they are trying to interview hundreds of interns.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Center for American Progress (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was a brief 15 minute phone call with the intern manager and an assistant from my department. I was asked about my research and quantitative skills. The brevity of the interview seemed unusual but three or four days later I was offered a positioning.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Center for American Progress.

Interview

Applied online by given deadline; was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview. Was offered the position a few weeks after that. Typical interview questions - why CAP, what's your weakest attribute, what policies do you care about the most, run through your resume, what was your favorite experience in college, etc.

The time frame was really great - I heard back quickly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for American Progress.

Interview

I received an email from the Center for American Progress a month after I sent in the application. I had been selected to interview for a policy team. I had a phone interview with an assistant.. He asked pretty standard questions, and the interview lasted around 30 minutes. He told me that he did not get to make the decision but he was to pass his opinion onto the intern coordinator. I did not receive any further communication from them until I contacted them at which point they told me I would not be offered an internship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about work you've done in specific policy areas, and statistics you found interesting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Center for American Progress (Washington, DC).

Interview

Behavioral questions to get interest

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Center for American Progress (Washington, DC).

Interview

Only phone interview

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my research paper that I wrote a year ago, and I couldn't remember any details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Center for American Progress (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied in February, didn't get an email to set up an interview till April. Interview was fairly straightforward with questions focusing on my experience, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really all too challenging; mostly questions about my experience, goals, etc. as mentioned before.   Answer Question