Center for Strategic and International Studies Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Interview

You apply through the online portal, but are unlikely to get anywhere unless you can get someone in the building to flag your application and put a word in.

Interview Questions

• What historical figure would you not want to be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Interview

Applied online through CSIS review, phone interviewed for an internship. 5 people on the line with me, everyone asked questions. Then I was hired as an intern, hired as an RA 6 months in, after my internship was over.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred database management software experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. It involved in person interviews with the incumbent and with the director and one of the senior fellows. It was generally a pleasant experience and not especially challenging

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies in April 2011.

Interview

qualitative questions on current affairs, make sure you have opinions on topical issues. Be prepared to talk about your research and writing skills as well as administrative experience. Any answer is better than saying you don't know.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current state of country X's relationship with the United States?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, DC) in December 2008.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter, and heard back two weeks later. (The announcement had been up on the site for a week or two before I sent in my materials.) It was right around Christmas time, so the timeline might be skewed from their normal process.

The staffer doing the hiring asked for three writing samples, which I sent along via email. I never heard back from the organization after sending these in.

I have been told by a friend who works at the Center that the organization has been getting upwards of 500 applications per position for many of their research assistant positions, and that many of these have been filled without announcements or by moving up interns or bringing back former interns. Hard place to get into, at least if you haven't done the internship first.