CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.4

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through university career fair. About 2 weeks later I received an email to participate in the first round of interviews which consisted of a digital interview. 1 week after that I was notified that I made it to the second round which was a face to face interview with 3 Engineers in Houston.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

-Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 5 days later was sent an invitation to conduct a digital interview via (HireVue). Completed the digital interview which was not as bad as I thought originally. Was asked 1 multiple choice question, and 8 basic questions directly related to the role I applied for. All behavior questions, use the STAR format.

Training is about 10 weeks. You are measured on metrics, sales quotas. Requires to be on a rotational schedule that requires operations that work 365 /24/7 including Holidays.

One tip I would give is, brush up on your past experience, and how it relates to this role. Look at the job requirements, and all of the answers are pretty much there. After about a week later I was invited to second round interview in the Downtown Houston location. Awaiting the outcome of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a strong commitment to be on-time and meet all training, metrics, and sales quota requirements. How does your background, and past or present experience line up with this role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Customer Service job in June. I received an invite about a month later requesting an interactive interview. This was pretty cool. About three weeks later I was contacted via phone to set up an in person interview.

The in person interviews was in a large room with other candidates waiting to be interviewed. There are about 8-10 Centerpoint employees, two per room, waiting to interview with you. My interviewer was RUDE. He had a very condescending tone. It's a call center, customer service job, not quantum physics. I answered the questions clearly and leveraged some expertise I had acquired from a similar industry to answer my questions in STAR format. He was clearly intimidated by me and for no reason I could think of. If you want this job be ghetto and dumb it down!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied, a week later I really an e-mail for an online interview. Then I received a call to do a face to face panel interview. I went in and did a hour and a half intetview. By then end of the week I received the job offer. Entire process took 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Q.Explain a time where you were a team lead and how you handled the experience   Answer Question
    • Q. What do you know about the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position online I received an email a day or so later for a video interview. A week later I received a call to come in for a face to face. I arrived at the location where the interview was held to find a room full of other candidates waiting to be interviewed. After a short wait I was called in a room for a interview. The lady interviewing me was very nice and I felt like it went well. If you prepare for the interview you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between to co workers. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview via video chat, not difficult at all, mostly common sense questions, haven't heard back it has been a week since the interview. No technical questions just behavioral

Interview Questions

• What was the last project your work on and what was your role?   2 Answers

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Campus Interview. Only one round. They ask me why choose industry instead of public firm. lots of behavior questions like leadership, teamwork and presentation experience and few technical questions including the concept of accrual, depreciation etc. They were nice and provide me lots of information about the company.

Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

e-interview then face to face
    The e-interview asked about 10 questions that you can answer from your computer or cell. If they like your interview then you receive another interview face to face where they go in depth about the position and your qualifications. The interview questions are the typical ones that everyone asks.

Co-Op Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions and very few technical questions were asked. The entire process took about a week and a half. It was super easy. The easiest way to prepare for the interview is to google the most asked behavioral questions and have good personalized answers to them. The technical questions were about the skills mentioned on the resume so make sure you brush up on all the skills mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you worked on and what made it challenging?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three interviewers. The interview was made up of the average questions they would ask any prospective student-interns. A review of your resume and credentials starts off the interview, followed by the panel asking their questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you should work here?   1 Answer