CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.4

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, I sent in a recorded interview. Then I was offered a face to face interview with a panel consisting of an IT manager and 3 supervisors. They took turns asking me a series of questions, mostly pertaining to following processes and overcoming difficulties in previous positions. The IT manager was pretty disinterested the entire interview, spending a great deal of time texting on his phone. One of the supervisors put down my skills and implied I don't really have any. At the end of the interview, they gave me the old "We have other people to interview, so we'll let you know either way." That, in addition to how weak their handshakes were at the end told me they did not envision me as the best candidate for the position. They never contacted me after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to prioritize your time and what process did you follow to complete all of your tasks.   1 Answer

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a couple weeks later I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview happened a week after the phone call. I went in and did the interview in downtown Houston. Two days later I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, How would you handle stress, workload, etc. Discuss your previous experiences and how they relate to the job.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was notified of initial acceptance after two weeks. Asked to participate in an initial video interview to act as a screening for candidates. Four questions required video responses and two required text input. After a few days I was notified I would be offered an opportunity to meet with some of the team and conduct an in-person interview. In-person interview by panel consisting of a mix a potential co-workers. There were approximately twelve questions but the panel had chosen to skip or reword several ending with a total of about eight questions.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview Process was a Video Interview where you are ask preset questions via Hireview where you record and submit your answers. Personally I am not a big fan of pre-recorded interviews as it makes the whole process seem very cold and automated.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you salary expectations   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through university career fair. About 2 weeks later I received an email to participate in the first round of interviews which consisted of a digital interview. 1 week after that I was notified that I made it to the second round which was a face to face interview with 3 Engineers in Houston.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

-Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 5 days later was sent an invitation to conduct a digital interview via (HireVue). Completed the digital interview which was not as bad as I thought originally. Was asked 1 multiple choice question, and 8 basic questions directly related to the role I applied for. All behavior questions, use the STAR format.

Training is about 10 weeks. You are measured on metrics, sales quotas. Requires to be on a rotational schedule that requires operations that work 365 /24/7 including Holidays.

One tip I would give is, brush up on your past experience, and how it relates to this role. Look at the job requirements, and all of the answers are pretty much there. After about a week later I was invited to second round interview in the Downtown Houston location. Awaiting the outcome of the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a strong commitment to be on-time and meet all training, metrics, and sales quota requirements. How does your background, and past or present experience line up with this role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Customer Service job in June. I received an invite about a month later requesting an interactive interview. This was pretty cool. About three weeks later I was contacted via phone to set up an in person interview.

The in person interviews was in a large room with other candidates waiting to be interviewed. There are about 8-10 Centerpoint employees, two per room, waiting to interview with you. My interviewer was RUDE. He had a very condescending tone. It's a call center, customer service job, not quantum physics. I answered the questions clearly and leveraged some expertise I had acquired from a similar industry to answer my questions in STAR format. He was clearly intimidated by me and for no reason I could think of. If you want this job be ghetto and dumb it down!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied, a week later I really an e-mail for an online interview. Then I received a call to do a face to face panel interview. I went in and did a hour and a half intetview. By then end of the week I received the job offer. Entire process took 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Q.Explain a time where you were a team lead and how you handled the experience   Answer Question
    • Q. What do you know about the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position online I received an email a day or so later for a video interview. A week later I received a call to come in for a face to face. I arrived at the location where the interview was held to find a room full of other candidates waiting to be interviewed. After a short wait I was called in a room for a interview. The lady interviewing me was very nice and I felt like it went well. If you prepare for the interview you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between to co workers. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interview via video chat, not difficult at all, mostly common sense questions, haven't heard back it has been a week since the interview. No technical questions just behavioral

Interview Questions

• What was the last project your work on and what was your role?   2 Answers