Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Sep 21, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Public Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed as a CDC Public Health Associate for a conversion to a FTE position to continue at CDC after my 2 year fellowship. It was competitive - many of the PHAPs tried to convert to a FTE Public Health Advisor, but there are fewer positions than PHAPs. Interviews were different for each position. Most interviews had several rounds and were over the phone.

IT Security Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to do the background check first. After the background check was passed, they emailed me some forms that I need to filled up. After I completed all the form and emailed them back. They emailed me the date and the time for interview. And I need to bring my resume and passport to the interview.

ORISE Health Communications Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. CDC emailed me requesting an interview: stated there would be a writing session at the end
    2. Called and confirmed interview date and time
    3. Panel interview with 2 other managers
    4. Stated would hear back by the end of next week-did not
    5. Emailed managers and asked for feedback, stated more interviews were added and would hear back the following week-did not
    6. In the end they gave the "run around" for one month and did not follow up as promised. I then emailed to ask again for the decision when they notified me of closing the position not selecting anyone. Very unprofessional for the CDC and I do not want to work there after this experience. Thank you but no thank you. Grateful I got a chance to see for myself.

Interview Questions

• How will this fellowship fall in line with your career goals and aspirations?
      On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you with presenting PowerPoint presentations?   Answer Question

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online, submitted my transcript and an application. Then a got a phone-call from the team/panel with various questions about my work experiences and educational background. I also got questions specific to the ORISE position I applied to. They seemed very interested and promised me an in-person interview as the next step.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? Why did you apply to this position? Tell us a little about yourself,   Answer Question

Public Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Friendly and professional with multiple questions and discussion of my skills and the requirements for the job. Review of my resume with specific questions about my experience and education. Questions about my style of communication. Opportunity to meet others on the team and brief tour of the office. Chance to ask my own questions and raise concerns about the work.

Orise Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 4 panelists. I thought the interview went pretty well, and they sent me some literature they published after the interview was over. However, typical of any phone interview, it was a little awkward trying to answer the different panelists over the phone without facial expressions. I think they got a good idea of my qualifications, but I don't think I got a very good idea of what it would be like to work with the team from the interview. Thankfully they are an excellent team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some behavioral and practical experience questions.   Answer Question

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The overall process was a somewhat easy process. Group Panel done for the interview. All interviewees seemed to be very interested. However,did not receive a job offer. Overall experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were stressed and how did you handle the stress at work?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had a telephone interview conducted by another division, but with my future Team Leader and Supervisors also attending. I met with the persons who would be my Team Leader and my Direct Supervisor at their office. We then went to the CDC Campus where the projects I will work on will be constructed. During the tour some questions were asked on my experience on the types of the types of construction and building systems utilized on the various buildings. The interview process was professionally conducted and I was put at my ease.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with the Design-Build Delivery System.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not extensive as I would be starting at a pre-determined government pay scale made clear in the advertisement. I could have been raised a step or two on the pay scale if I had been making more within the prior 6 months. Unfortunately with the economic turndown in September 2008, I was not making significantly more than the starting level of the Grade 12. However, it was made clear that steps within the grade and a raise to Grade 13 level depending upon my performance. True to this, I progressed rapidly from Grade 12 to Grade 13.

ORISE Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

At first, I sent out my CV to a person who works there. Then, I got an email which scheduled an phone interview with me. It is a phone interview by the manager and a potential supervisor.
    I was referred by a another person who works there and I got the offer after a few weeks.

Chief Science Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I worked at CDC many years. Then I transferred to another government agency. My current job at CDC was as a reassignment from the other agency. I was referred to my current boss by a mutual agency contact.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relevant experience in my previous job at the other government agency   1 Answer

Negotiation

Collegial.