Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Hyattsville, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process requires a comprehensive resume that can be six pages long. You need to give them your post-high-school transcripts. It can take 6 weeks to get hired from the time you are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your professional experience. Tell us about projects you worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was three tier interview, where by, after initial interview we were shortlisted to make presentations specific to our area of responsibility. In couple of months I was asked to visit the work place and go through multiple interviews on the same day.

Negotiation

I worked out a median salary as well as 25 and 75 percentiles for the position and years of experience and they happily placed me accordingly.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone and quite brief. The questions were not challenging or complex. It lacked any real or viable description about what the job entailed.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in January 2018.

Interview

Two-step process - informational and second round interviews with a panel. First one was pretty open-ended, second one asked more detailed Qs about relevant experience and career aspirations. Process time from interview #1 to offer = ~3 months.

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview for media analyst contract position was fairly easy, one hour conversation with manager. Interview consisted of standard questions about previous employment/experiences and random how-to questions related to background.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain linear regression modeling to someone who is not familiar to econometrics?   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

One time phone interview with a panel of three, with each person asking questions pertaining to my training and qualifications. The interview lasted less than 30 min. Was offered the position about four weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Fairly easy questions pertaining to laboratory techniques and instruments used   Answer Question
    • wet lab techniques and instruments used in laboratory. They also asked questions based on the job descriptions as advertised.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Experience   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took a really long time. I took about six month before I was hired. First I was contacted by a recruiter, for an actual interview. then I had a phone interview, then I had an unperson interview

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The overall process was a somewhat easy process. Group Panel done for the interview. All interviewees seemed to be very interested. However,did not receive a job offer. Overall experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were stressed and how did you handle the stress at work?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very bad. It is fraught with politics. First screen in computer generated. It is a large gam.

Interview Questions

• Questions are outlined ahead of time. Script is known to all   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Located on an access road, There's a doorbell outside that needs to be rang in order to get inside but the bell does not work. Recruiter was great and always kept up to date. Didn't really get asked many technical questions. Mainly just past experiences so know your resume very well.