Centex Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centex Homes

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centex Homes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Friendly, polite, considerate. I had to meet with many people and fly into multiple markets. This was based on an employee referral but a recruiter was still involved. The company was honest. I was given the opportunity to meet with many employees and ask questions before an official offer was made. The culture seemed very corporate and stiff, but nevertheless polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had an issue with selling uncompetitive prices.   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centex Homes (Mesa, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

Easy interview process, no challenging questions, basic background type info, not much for job details, a lot of standard interview questions, all in all was pretty simple since I had no experience and still landed the job

Interview Questions

• Who would be the best loan officer from the people coming from my old company   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centex Homes in March 2009.

Interview

Very detailed 1:1 interview, lasting almost two hours the first day, followed by a personality test the next day.
    One of the most uncomfortable interviews I've ever experienced, held by a department head that was completely unqualified to do it. The interview felt more like an interrogation, very uncomfortable and unfortunately, although I was offered the job, it left a very bitter taste.
    Not to my surprise, later learned that the dept. head was under investigation for misconduct.