Central California Alliance for Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

1 Phone interview, an in-person 2 panel interview, and an in-person 4 panel interview, 2 skills assessments. All interviews were very structured with pre-determined questions. From first interest email to finish was 3 months.

It was a bit stressful trying to find out if you made it to the next step in the interview (several weeks between interview and acknowledgement of advancement to next step) and it felt like a really long process. Then once you finished the interviews, the reference checks to 2 weeks and the background check another 2 weeks. This felt like a very tough position to obtain.

Interview Questions

• It was something like: How did you handle a difficult situation and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Coding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application and resume, I received a call to set up the initial phone interview with the recruiter. About a week or so later, I was in the office for the initial review with the recruiter and manager. After about a week, I received a call to set up the second round of interviews with the manager, director and recruiter. I received a call a short time after with an offer. It was a very smooth process and well organized.

Mid Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Three part interview. First there is a phone screen after screening of resumes by human resources. This is 10 to 15 minutes and done by the hiring manager. Then the immediate supervisor schedules a 3 to 4 member panel onsite. If successful, a second 2 to 3 member panel with the supervisor, human resources and one to other technical experts. Questions are set by the hiring manager at all three levels but reviewed and approved by human resources. Many questions for management are about cultural fit and for technical positions about specific skills sets defined in the job advertisement. Health care experience, like many basic skills are a boilerplate add on to all staff requests.

At a second interview, consider asking questions about work environment and specific cultural personality of your department (for example flexible hours, independent decision making, supervisors view and requirements to successfully pass the probationary period, what is considered a successful year to obtain high evaluation scores). Follow your intuition. There is a very detailed human resources program that supervisors take before they are allowed to run an interview and hire.

Negotiation

None. The gave you a salary and you accepted or rejected.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took quite a bit of time and had many steps, there was a phone interview and then paperwork and then two interviews where you need to go in person

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a different situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

My interview process consisted of a 30 min phone screening, 2 in-perso interviews and a skills assessment at the end. CCAH brings in the most qualified candidates and does an extensive amount of recruiting to bring the right people in. The whole process from beginning to getting hired was about 2 months. 1st in-person interview consisted of two managers and the last in-person consisted of a manager, department director and a recruiter. Skills assessment tested on Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Overall amazing experience and I love working here!

Interview Questions

• What's your understanding of the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you receive d little direction from your manager.   Answer Question

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me within a week to schedule phone screen with Hiring Manager, that was followed by an In Person interview with the Hiring Manager and another Manager, then another In Person Interview with Hiring Manager again as well as the hiring manager's manager, and an HR Representative, the third interview required substantial prep time for a presentation that had limited details to plan from and a request to show work samples. Following that interview there were computer tests (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). The tests were fairly easy. Then I met with a recruiter to answer a few more questions. The interview questions were fair, but some of them were repetitive particularly given that you are interviewed by the same person 3 times so you have to repeat your answers. Most of the questions are pre-written and require the interviewers to hand-write your answers on paper which is a little awkward. The entire hiring process was the longest and most demanding process I've ever been involved in for a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that something went wrong and what was your approach to fix it.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health.

Interview

There was a phone screen, then first and second round panel interviews. I was given the panelists names and positions in advance, and was also given background information on the organization. There was a strong emphasis on the culture of the organization, which appealed to me.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifics, but they were very thoughtful and tailored to the position.   Answer Question

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview with two people: 1) Director of Technology Dylan Jones; and 2) Dylan's co-worker Rick, who I believe serves as Application Development Manager. After Dylan apologized for calling a bit late (a meeting ran over; not a big deal), he immediately turned the interview over to Rick, who immediately asked the first question. All business; no ice-breakers.

Rick proceeded from question to question, with a few follow-up questions, it seems, to poke around for more info. Rick thanked me, at the end. Did not ask if I had any questions, for them. He said they would discuss and take appropriate next steps. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Rick's voice seemed tense...perhaps he felt nervous about interviewing (?)

Sent a thank-you email, via human resources contact Casey Nixon. No communication for about three weeks. Followed-up with Casey via email. The next day, received what seemed like an automated, generic email thanking me and letting me know they had decided to go forward with another candidate.

Note: received callback day after applying online, on silkroad, from Dylan. Followed-up the next business day. Did not hear back until late the following week, from HR representative Casey, who set up the meeting.

Overall impression: professional interview, a bit on the scripted, impersonal side, and loosey-goosey on communications & logistics. Probably just a busy time. Wishing everyone involved all the best and have no bad feelings about anyone or the organization.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health (Scotts Valley, CA).

Interview

Awesome process, not many companies out there ensure an excellent candidate experience. Interview was very structured with behavioral type questions in all -phone screening, followed by 2 in-person, quick decision making process and flexible.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specific questions but they were tailored around the actual work performed on the job. Had behavioral type interview questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central California Alliance for Health.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first one was on the phone and the next two are in person. While the interviewer had a great poker face, I did not find the first two interviews to be difficult with any tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• One question was about my experience with auditing.   1 Answer