Central Garden & Pet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Central Garden & Pet

Central Garden & Pet

Application

I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet

Interview

The interview was extremely unprofessional as I set time aside for SIX interviews. One lady interviewed me from her car...Some cameras in other interviews were also off. No offer (never heard back) and would not accept.

Interview Questions
  • All basic, common, interview questions
    Answer Question

Central Garden & Pet

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet in Feb 2022

Interview

First-round was a normal conversation but the second meeting was unnecessarily difficult. The second interviewer did not come on webex, and instead called. I still have not heard anything back after 1 week about my status.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Central Garden & Pet

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet

Interview

1 hr zoom interview with director + 1 hr zoom interview with two other managers that the role would directly work with. HR only involved on initial call to schedule first interview. It was disappointing that they did not follow up with me after these interviews, and can only assume they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Central Garden & Pet

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet in Jul 2021

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews. I met with the recruiting partner first who was delightful and open about the rest of the process. The second interview was with the department manager, lasted approximately 40 minutes, they asked specific questions about my background, experience and fit for the role. The final interview was with a team member and was conversational, introspective, and casual.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you believe you are a good fit for this role?

Central Garden & Pet

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet in Mar 2021

Interview

First round was with the hiring manger over video where they asked boilerplate questions and seemed to be transcribing my answers word-for-word. Second round was in-person, one-on-ones with VPs of other departments. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and questions about projects I'd accomplished at my current company. The company also had me complete a Word document questionnaire (10 open ended questions). Related to how they handled the pandemic, I was told they were work from home for the first few weeks, but had been back 100% in-office with masks since then. I saw a pregnant woman walking around with a mask, she was probably 7-8 months along. They were quick to schedule meetings and speak with me, but then took months to say the position was no longer a priority and they were using the budget for other things. It's been a couple of months since then and I saw the role on LinkedIn again.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a successful project, which you personally managed, that delivered significant growth. What does your tech stack or external platform toolset include?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2021

Interview

Phone screening to start with, that asks some basic interview questions, if you get passed this then you are invited to a panel interview that asks more in depth questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is an advertising campaign that you have seen, and what demographic was it directed towards?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Neptune, NJ)

Interview

Initially all seemed well and professional. An initial screen with the HR Recruiter, followed by a a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was given a timeline for re-contact. Emailed both of them w/separate "thank you" emails, and followed up with the hiring manager discussing one of the pain points they had mentioned. I have never heard back from either; not even a courtesy email saying they had moved on. Its very easy for companies to forget that candidates are also interviewing them, and while a "no" would be disappointing, at least the communication is professional and appreciated. To fail to follow up at all, or even acknowledge a candidate YOU reached out to is unprofessional and says a lot about a company. They clearly also forget that candidates can be customers, or in this case now *former* customers who will be sure to tell the garden club and dog training contacts about the kind of company Central Garden and Pet is and encourage everyone to shop their competitors.

Interview Questions
  • One of the questions was around an area that has no known solution.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Milwaukee, WI) in Mar 2019

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview where I was asked about my resume and experience. A week later I was asked to come in for an onsite interview in Walnut Creek. I gave the times I was available that week and received a clear and organized interview schedule of the times and who I would be meeting with along with parking instructions. The interviews followed the schedule I had received. Most of the questions asked were situational. A little less than a week after I came onsite, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you were given a challenging or difficult group project, what role did you take in the group to complete the project?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2019

Interview

Very easy interview process, asked basic questions about when my availability was and how I was around animals and customers and what my experience was. Pretty much offered the job right away

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Washington, DC) in May 2018

Interview

applied online, got a call from the territory manager was asked to come in the next day. went in interview was super easy asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us? and stuff like that. very straight forward interview process.

Interview Questions
  • how can you stop a customer from buying competitions product?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews

Central Garden & Pet Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Central Garden & Pet as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.62 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Brand Manager and Marketing Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Associate Brand Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Central Garden & Pet takes an average of 30 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas ECommerce Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Central Garden & Pet according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.42%