Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center (Hicksville, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

send in resume and ask questions be prepared for all. interview was nice and relaxed. I wish more employers were like this. I did not know what to wear for the interview

Interview Questions

• did i see myself in 5 years DI i like to multi task! What my favorite color is   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center (Hicksville, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Job listed on CareerBuilder. Accepted resumes only by fax. Received call from department head who did initial interview during call. She invited me for 1:1 interview. She had 100 applicants, interviewed 9, I was one, she liked all, but hired someone else. Agency is very professional, enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your biggest flaw or weakness.   1 Answer
    • In this office we do whatever needs to be done - nothing is "someone else's job". How are you at being asked to do a variety of things, and being interrupted when you are doing something else?   1 Answer

Direct Care Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center (Hicksville, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online heard back a few months later, and was brought in for two rounds of interviewing in a single day. Very nice people, gave me a limited overview of the program, and more felt out my interest. They typically are understaffed, and eager to hire. There is a somewhat high turnover that seems to happen in waves, which is why they typically have many new hires at once.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience with the population they help, crisis management, organizational skills, etc. typical psych related question, like how you would help someone with specific issues. Also asked about patience and tolerance.   1 Answer

Peer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center (Hicksville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

my set up the interview with the head of her department. during the interview the staff members asked about my life experiences, highest level of education and skills that i would be able to utilized if hired. that same day the agency sent me for finger printing and a background check.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had life experiences that apply to position that i applied for and how did i deal with those experiences   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Center.

Interview

I sent my resume on indeed and within a week received a phone call to come in for an interview. The first thing I was told was “the salary is 38,000 do you want to proceed” Needless to say, I was hesitant and said we can proceed. The interviewer was reading off a paper asking questions and checking off boxes. To be honest, I do not think my resume was even glanced at until I came in. Interview was less than 20 minutes and not formal. Had time to ask questions. Caseload is 50+, in the homes, McDonald’s, Park, etc. (~burnout~) I was told I would hear back three days later about a decision. I did not hear back until ONE month later. Although it wasn’t the best fit for me, I don’t recommend this position due to burnout and salary.

Social Work Therapist Interview

Interview

The interview went very well. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back.

I, unfortunately, was not given the opportunity to work for this agency. However, I would like to share my discontent with the interview process. At the conclusion of my interview, the interviewer informed me that I would be contacted the following week with the agency’s decision. I sent a “thank you” email two days later. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing. I sent one additional follow-up email and still nothing. I was very taken back with how I was dismissed. I understand if the agency felt I wasn’t a good match but to completely disregard a candidate is quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience working with a transgendered youth.   Answer Question