Central Parking System Internal Help Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Internal Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Central Parking System (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

I just spent the last hour writing up a huge, detailed description of my interview experience but it did not get saved. Suffice it to say that I was brought this opportunity through a recruiter and the first meeting was at the recruiter's office with the hiring manager and a "peer" who was being promoted out of the position that I was interviewing for. I was the only one to get a second interview, a week later, at the corporate office.

The corporate office has terribly outgrown the old building they have occupied forever and employees are forced to park on both sides of a nearby residential street. The help desk people are losing their cubicles and will be working in a make-shift conference room from little desks for a year until they move to a new location.

There were two panel interviews, one with two current help desk employees, facilitated by the hiring manager. No one had copies of my resume but I had brought some. The female couldn't stop staring at the edge of tattoos that I have that would peek out under my wool suit wrist. Both were about 20 years younger than me.

The second panel was the hiring manager's boss and a programmer. Boss wanted to know why I was looking for a job after less than two years at my present one, but I emphasized how I had been at my previous employer for 20 years and was looking for another work home. To show that I had done my homework, I mentioned some items like their social media presence (the lack thereof) and an bad link I found on their website.

Afterwards the hiring manager (who has tattoos and said that there is not problem with me having them) and the guy from the first interview talked a while and he said he wanted to make a decision soon.

I waited a week to email the recruiter to see if he had heard anything and he ignored my email. I emailed again after another week and he left me a voicemail to call him to give me feedback about how things went so I apparently did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job when you've only been at your current job for less than two years.   Answer Question