Central Steel & Wire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Central Steel & Wire

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Steel & Wire (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn who gave me a pretty in depth description of the company. He sent my resume over to the sales Manager and set up an in person interview. I wasn't able to take time off from my job at the time to come in, but the manager came in early and met with me at 7am before work so I could make it to my other job in time. I interviewed with both inside sales managers at separate times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to do well at this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Steel & Wire.

Interview

The typical interview discussions included education verses experience with pre-emplyoment physical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Prefer employees that have hobbies and a sence of community of a well balanced employee.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Steel & Wire (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Hand 2 interviews and the job description was nothing about what the actual job was nor was the pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered the position as stated in the ad with a possible raise after the 90 day review

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Steel & Wire (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Getting the interview was flawless. I went through Sterling Engineering staffing agency, who are very professional and helpful. However, once I arrived to the interview at the company I was greeted to the interviewer complaining about his day and stating that he had been there all day. I knew it wouldnt go well, and it didnt. I am entry level, and anyone reading my resume would have known that. I could immediately tell that he hadnt. His first official interview comment was "Wow you really dont have any experience". Even though I have ten years work experience in the Air Force, albeit not engineering. I was asked a couple other random questions and shoved in a room to take the skills test. Upon completion of the test, the interviewer had already left the building. Overall, very unprofessional.