Central Texas Marketing and Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Central Texas Marketing and Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Central Texas Marketing and Management

1.7

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the entry level Account Executive position. This position is not at all what they advertised on the application. It is a 6-8 month long program, and you will only be in the Account Executive position after completing a couple months in sales. Specifically, they want you to sell Direct TV in a grocery store. They did not say a word about this in the job description nor in any of the emails when asking me for an interview. They also did not start by doing a phone interview. They make you drive in from wherever you are to interview for maybe 15 minutes, and do not pay for your gas.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process went great! It was a three part process and all my questions were answered clearly and I appreciated the first round and second round interview. I would recommend this company to any of my closest friends and family.

Interview Questions

• They asked some common interview questions and really wanted to get to know what it was I was looking for in a career. I appreciated them wanting to know what I was looking for in my career search.   1 Answer

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it greatly!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management.

Interview

What was posted as a job listing for an account manager was really a scheme to get you in the door with their company. You start in "marketing" for $10 an hour which includes trying to sell direct tv to people in a grocery store and then you can move up to an account manager for $11 an hour which is basically overseeing the people doing the marketing, but your just still selling direct tv. Then you can move up to an assistant manager, then a manager, or so they say. I had a phone screening, then interviewed with Mr. Ortiz, who was supposed to lay out the opportunites for you. A few other people were scheduled at the same interview time, the interviews lasted from less than a minute to five minutes. Which just goes to show how they are not offering the job you thought you were applying for.

Interview Questions

Central Texas Marketing and Management Response

Mar 13, 2017 – President

Hi, we'd like to thank you for your feedback and thank you for coming in for an interview. All of our first round interviews are preliminary interviews and we do spend more time with applicants that... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management.

Interview

Very short and brief, two people in the office explain to you about a entry level position when you applied for a management position trying to convince you that it's not a pyramid scheme when it is. They never discuss pay nor hours, they guy that interviewed me couldn't answer my questions said there was benefits when there isn't any. A bunch of lies.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any plans within the next 6-8 months that will keep you from working with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just really needed a job, so I accepted. But they don't offer u more than 7.25 a hour, and you can't ask for a weekend off.

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! Over the years we've been able to increase our hourly guarantee and our commission and bonus structure. The hourly guarantee depends on the individual and we make that... More

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Absolutely horrendous. Was not a one on one interview. Interviewer seemed to only talk about his wealth and managed to use bad language and offend. THIS COMPANY IS SKETCHY and the owner is VULGAR and appalling. His demeanor was so offensive I had to fight the urge to just leave!

Interview Questions

Central Texas Marketing and Management Response

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! Every once in awhile sometimes we end up unintentionally hiring the wrong rep. As soon as we find out that representative is unprofessional or offensive we terminate... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Temple, TX).

Interview

I went on my first interview one day and my second 2 days later, the first interview was short and right to the point. My second interview was actually at the work site to overlook exactly what I would be doing. Then I submitted my background check and was called for the job about a week later!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My pay!

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! At this time we do negotiate what an individual is paid as we bring them on board depending on the individuals qualifications and experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a 2-step process provided with a ton of information regarding the work you'll do. My experience was pretty easy going and everyone was super nice! Although I didn't prepare efficiently, if you just be yourself with regards to professionalism, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Central Texas Marketing and Management Response

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback!

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was in for an interview within 2 days. Interview lasted 4 minutes total. Job was not what was described online and the interview was extremely short and somewhat unprofessional.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Texas Marketing and Management (Temple, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was laughable. The man looked at my resume, decided I was good enough to schedule a second interview. The first interview was 5 minutes. The office furniture was less impressive than the desk I put in my 5 year old's bedroom.

Interview Questions

• None. There was a "tell me about yourself." That's about it.   Answer Question

It seemed like a place for an 18 year old who thinks good money is $9.00 an hour.

Mar 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! When we first opened our business in December of 2010 we were a brand new company. We have since relocated to Austin TX and over the years we've been able to upgrade our... More

Entry Level Management Interview

Interview

The interview was less than five minutes long and briefly asked about my experience and interests. It was very casual. This was an entry level sales job that was advertised as a marketing job. A second round interview was not needed by me.