Centria Healthcare Behavior Technician Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 108 interviews

Other4%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Pacifica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (Pacifica, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

Phone interview within days of applying to job online. Zip recruiter agency’s robot Phil helped find this job. Phil worked all day and night looking for a position for me. Very efficient robot.

Interview Questions
  • Can you work with kids with autism?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (Portland, OR) in Oct 2021

Interview

I had a strange experience applying for a job at Centria Healthcare. I don't know what to think of it. I applied on LinkedIn for the Behavior Technician listing from Centria Healthcare. I received follow up texts and emails immediately. It was obviously an automated system, and after I gave numbered responses to some questions the bot scheduled a phone interview for me. I prepared for the interview and when the time came I waited for the phone call. There was no phone call. I got a text about thirty minutes later to the effect that they had called and there was no answer. The text, which was from a person, asked me to reschedule. I texted back and got a response several hours later. We agreed to a new interview time two days later. I prepared for the interview and when the time came, I waited for the call. There was no call. After waiting for about ten minutes I texted to ask if there was a number I could call to begin the interview. There was no response. I don't know what to think about this. It's possible that some phone network problem prevented me from receiving the first phone call, although I had someone call me immediately after I received the interviewer's text and my phone rang. I did wonder why the interviewer didn't text me immediately if the call failed to go through instead of waiting a half hour when my scheduled interview slot had passed. After the second interview time passed with no call and no response to my text, I began to think something was fishy. I don't understand why anyone would schedule an interview if there was no intent to talk to me. If my resume, cover letter or profile disqualified me from consideration why then ask me for an interview? It seems to me it wasted everyone's time. Maybe the procedure has a bot schedule an interview with everyone but they have a human screen resumes to determine who is a serious candidate. Maybe they then see who answers the phone as another screening mechanism. That would make sense, but they didn't call me. Why ask me to reschedule for a second try and then fail to call me? If there is no reason to interview me, why bother rescheduling at all? Perhaps it's a procedure that they have to try rescheduling once if the first call is missed. I don't know what really happened, but I doubt that there was a problem with my phone service or my phone. Unfortunately, my phone carrier doesn't track missed calls, so I cannot verify that no calls were made to my number. However, I had internet access and received calls during both interview time slots. It's possible this is all some sort of misunderstanding or technical problem, but that seems unlikely to me. I will attempt to contact Centria HR tomorrow to tell them what happened. I'm not expecting to be hired, but I am skeptical that the hiring process they are using is working as intended. When odd things happen, it makes me curious. I think it's possible that someone at Centria is not doing their job properly. I wasted some time on this application process, but maybe Centria was billed for work that isn't being done and they should know about it. At the very least they have a dysfunctional process and are scheduling interviews when they should not be. Maybe this is all a result of an overworked employee who is required to perform too many interviews in the time available and is bending the rules to make the process work. This is a lot of work for me to be doing in response to what's likely a simple brush-off. I'm used to, and am fine with, never receiving a response to an application. I'm used to negative callbacks after an interview. That happens, and everyone moves on with their life. I've never been granted an interview where the interviewer failed to appear (twice), and I think it's strange enough to tell other people about it.

Interview Questions
  • The interview did not take place because the interviewer failed to call me at either scheduled time.
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (Taylor, MI) in Jul 2021

Interview

It was easy, the people are really friendly and are eager for you to start working. There is a two step interview process, the first one is just simple questions. They do ask about pay in the first interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Applied and received a call a couple days later. Normal interview process, questions about work history, why did i want this role etc. After initial call, was forwarded to hiring manager who asked me more about my interests and explained the role responsibilities. It seemed like they were willing to take any qualified applicant. After interviewing, i received a job offer from a company that aligned more with my goals. I ended up not taking this role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centria Healthcare

Application

I interviewed at Centria Healthcare

Interview

Interview was completely over the phone. Questions were easy. They will hire anyone with a warm body. It was obvious from the getgo that this company is very corporate and the clinical takes a backseat.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centria Healthcare

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare in Oct 2020

Interview

I was shortly sent an email after submitting my application to 1) take a short personality test and 2) set up a short phone interview of ~20 minutes. Having experience and some familiarity with autistic people is a plus and makes them enthusiastic about you (they ask basic questions, similar to what the other reviews on here say, nothing too much of a struggle; most of it was them talking about what the position and onboarding process entails). The second phone interview was a three-way call with my first interviewer and a clinician discussing the expected timeline of video training (a course they pay for you). It was a rather quick deadline to meet for getting all the required work documents. The only disappointment was that there was not a case in my particular part of the DFW area that worked around the schedule I had (tiny physical commitments here and there), to which they admitted they could no longer continue with the onboarding process for me. They were very transparent about the whole interview and onboarding process, but not so much about preparing for expected difficulties in the everyday job (although, I suspected this would've been explained after I took a case).

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a bit about yourself? Are you familiar with Centria Autism? What do you know about ABA therapy?

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (Plano, TX) in Jul 2020

Interview

From my resume details the company person had contacted me via email for convenient time. After that I selected the time from time slot of my convenient time. It was just a phone call interview. The person explained me everything about the job and on the job training. She fixed up next day interview with clinical manager.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare (Orange, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

The whole interview process was all on the phone or through email. I never met someone in person until I started shadowing on a case. I first talked with someone on the phone for about 30 minutes and then in the next few weeks it was emails back and forth between myself and a few other management employees. This was a long and awful process because no one responded right away. It would take a few days to a week for them to respond to me. This whole process was very easy.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a child with autism if has a tantrum and falls to the floor after being told he can't do something he wants to do?

Centria Healthcare

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare in Mar 2019

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call out of the blue about a week later. The interviewer asked if it was a good time to ask questions and proceeded to explain the company and position a bit before starting to ask basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • How much experience have you had with children with autism?

Centria Healthcare

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centria Healthcare in Sep 2018

Interview

I applied online and then they reached out to schedule an interview. Then they called over the phone and asked me questions and then offered me the job. It was very simple and easy - they seemed interested in taking people who had little or lots of experience.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have in the field?
4 people found this interview helpful