Centrica Interview Questions in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centrica (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Two members of staff will both ask you a series questions, on one side personal questions about how you've become what you are in the industry and the other side of questions more technical minded. They openly make notes as you answer them in turn. Shortly and without warning they will present a three page mock examination paper on the 17th Edition wiring regulations for you to complete in front of them while they wait. This is explained by them stating to you " we want to know what you know about the regs" This is then quickly followed by a color blindness examination by paperwork that you're to complete by picking the numbers you can verify amongst the colored dots on three sheets of paper. The interview technique is different to what you might expect from a huge hiring company. An almost elementary feel to the proceedings, it felt more like a high school exam with two tutors than a mature formal conversation with two professionals. They outlined the nature of the job position and activities that was different to the job advert posted to what you would apply to. They said they are interviewing me at this time but everyone else has their interviews starting the following week, this illustrates I wasn't part of the general interviewees to be considered. Ultimately even at the end of the interview, they had not once requested to see your qualifications, certificates and drivers license, items you are asked to bring with you to be looked at and copied. They only looked at them once they got up to shake my hand for coming in, I suggested they had not looked at my credentials. This they blamed their recruitment team who contacts the candidate prior to the interview telling them what to bring with them on the day. All in all, this was a fake job interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to be an electrician?   Answer Question
    • What was you doing before you became an electrician?   Answer Question
    • You will be expected to do PAT testing as part of your duties! Is that a problem?   Answer Question
    • We would start you on a 3 month probation leading to 6 months! Will this be an issue?   Answer Question
    • You will be expected to stay away from home 2 weeks at a time, only coming back home on Saturdays! Are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone was abusive to you on site while carrying out your job?   Answer Question

Asset Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centrica (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Single Competency based interview with presentation. Panel interview with three managers

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for a critical negotiation? What is the key to project management?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relatively simple and quick