Centrica Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Centrica Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Procurement and Supply Chain (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Welcomed by current graduates on the programme and straight into ice breaker activity with the assessors. There were 3 parts on the Assessment Centre day, including: (1) group exercise, (2) interview, and (3) presentation. 2 and 3 can be interchangeable depending on your assessors' availability. For (1), was given reading material and some time to go over these on your own before discussing the topic. The whole panel of assessors will be sat across the table so do make sure you speak aloud and clearly. We were asked to present our ideas at the end followed by some questions. For (2), fairly simple and straightforward, classic competency qs. Qs are picked from your pre-employment tests results. Make sure you research the business line well as well as the energy sector holistically (market trends, Ofgem legislation put in place etc.). (3) would be easier, personally, because info was given regarding a topic for you to do research on 1 week prior to the AC. Best thing? You are allowed to bring in notes to do your flip charts. Make sure you have logical solutions to the problem and again, research the big picture.

Energy Marketing & Trading Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Application: comprehensive online application with motivation forms and tests, nothing out of the ordinary
    2. Telephone Interview 1 (HR): a lot of hypothetical questions about how you would deal with different work situations
    3. Telephone Interview 2 (Business): the interview was told to be competency-based, but prepare to answer some basic technical/market questions anyway as this depends on the interviewers.
    4. AC: 3 interviews, a presentation, a group exercise
    - Group exercise: simple project management exercise. The group then present and take questions.
    - Interviews: competencies/CV, motivation (abstract questions like how do you define success), "technical" interview (but this depends on the interviewer and your background i.e. if you are an engineer prepare to be asked more technical questions). Interviewers are friendly and try to help you when they can.
    - Presentation: prepare a topic beforehand (this changes year to year). Unfortunately, my interviewer was busy looking at the phone during my turn to present. Don't go off-topic and try to structure your presentation.

Commercial Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centrica in January 2017.

Interview

Process took around 3 months. Phone interview had some motivational questions for joining Centrica (easy if you do research) and situational questions, which I found difficult. The interviewer was really friendly and you can tell that they want you to do well. The assessment centre was made up of a group exercise, individual presentation and interview. The interview involves a mix of motivational and competency questions, again, the interview was really nice and it's more of a conversation then an interview. Overall, the experience was really good, everyone was really nice and they make every effort for you to relax and do well.

Interview Questions

• Why Centrica? Why the chosen stream? What do you think responsibilities will be?
      Competency questions based around their values

Summer Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica.

Interview

Relaxed conversational phone interview, basically to try and elaborate more about your online application. My phone line cut out twice and I thought it would be the end for me but it turned out ok. Not a difficult interview, quite standard, just go prepared.

British Gas Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centrica in March 2016.

Interview

Process involved online application with several questions on motivation etc, as well as an integrated numerical test which was alright. I received no communication for a while so I contacted them and apparently they had some issues and there were a few people who hadn't received their emails hence I had missed communication inviting me to a phone interview. Anyway I called back and explained and they put me back into the system and got me a phone interview which was good of them. The phone interview was just fine not too difficult. Was invited to an assessment centre next however I declined due to location as my circumstances had changed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Centrica?
      Why are you a fit to the role?
      Why did you choose to apply for this role?
      What do you want to gain from this role?
      Tell me a time you used your influencing skills.
      How did you have to adapt your approach?
      Tell me a time you built a formal relationship with someone.
      How did you structure the relationship?
      What was the outcome of the relationship?
      Tell me a time you learned something outside of university and how you learned.
      What would you do differently?
      How do you learn?
      Tell me an example when you showed how you learn?
      What did you learn from the experience?

Analyst Grad Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centrica in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview, which only took about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked a lot of questions, including follow up questions, but seemed keen to rush through the process as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Centrica? What do you know about Centrica? Why have you applied for this role in particular? Why do you think you'd be a good fit? Competencies: persuaded someone round to your opinion and how do you learn?   1 Answer

British Gas Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The time each question would be limited. It's only about 4 minutes each questions. then HR would interrupt you for further questions. The questions are average and not difficult to answer. They would require you to repeat the question in order to figure out what exactly you mean.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Centrica in March 2016.

Interview

Filled the online application and was called for an interview. The woman who called was friendly but didn't say much during my answers. The questions were the HR type about motivation, teamwork, leadership etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time you worked in a team

Centrica IS Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the website, the application involved several motivations questions and standard tests to complete. Once my application had been successful, I was invited to book a telephone interview slot that suited me. I had my telephone interview, it consisted of competency based questions with one lady who was very nice. She had been working at Centrica for the HR Graduate recruitment for around a year. Some of the questions asked seemed repeated and I was not sure whether it was to catch me out or not. The interview lasted exactly 30 minutes as stated, it was a pleasant experience but be sure to be prepared on the company and your own strengths. I am through to the assessment centre now which should be in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Centrica?
      Why the IS scheme?
      Tell me a time you built a formation relationship with someone.
      Standard questions.
      1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Had an online application and numerical/verbal tests. Were fairly easy except when clicking to the next question it took around 10-30 seconds and this came off my time! Which made it more strenuous. Got through this and then had a telephone interview. Mixed difficulty questions; standard about the company and strengths based. What about learning methods that threw me. Waiting to here whether i have an AC.