Centrify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with manager, on-site interview with three team members, phone interview with California team members, lastly a phone interview with the Director. It was all very comfortable and it was all geared at deciding if the role was right for the employee and the company. I think they were very upfront with any possible challenges, and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Experience with various software/tools. Very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Helps to have other competitive offers.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify in February 2016.

Interview

Approached by a headhunter. Initial interview with hiring manager, followed by phone interview with an SE team member, an phone interview with the Account Manager with whom I'd be working, an in person meeting with the Account Manager, a phone interview with the Vice President of Technical Services. Presented demo skills to hiring manager, and random sales pitch to VP. Overall process took just over 4 weeks from initial interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for this type of position, such as having me present a demonstration via WebEx and showing sales capability by "selling" the interviewer on why he should try something.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrify.

Interview

Reached out on LinkedIn heard back from recruiter in a week. Had one technical phone screen & 2 on-site interviews with hiring manager, team, architects, VP.
    Interviews were very smooth not the typical interrogating types. Everyone were very knowledgeable but down to earth. Felt very comfortable, right kind of performance, skills was valued rather than the regular bookish indicators.
    Product is very interesting and making waves in the security area.
    Very quick interview process entire process from initial HR call to background check took 3 weeks. Very long 2 week background check, expected given it's a security based company.

Channel Partner Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The job description, goals & objective were sent to me prior to the interview which allowed me to evaluate expectations and have a good conversation about my capabilites and what I could do to deliver on the goals. The interview was very well coordinated. Met with the recruiter (HR), hiring manager and team members, including the Director of Channels.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with channel partners as it relates to enabling them to do business with a company.   1 Answer

Interview

Quick and streamlined process. I was able to meet with all related team members that I would be working / interacting with. I was able to meet two remote team members in person also.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centrify (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Had a friend refer me for a product marketing role. After being ignored for what seemed like months, I finally heard that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me. I was ready to speak with her, but then I was contacted by their HR person saying that she had to screen me first.

My conversation with the HR representative was extremely poor. She was very nitpicky and was fixated on my "lack" of direct domain experience even though I clearly explained to her how I fit the role from both a hard and soft skill perspective. By the end of the conversation, she practically demanded that I give her my salary information on the spot -- something which I never do (and frankly, no one should either -- my past salary experience should have no bearing on my interest in the role).

At the end of the day, I was informed that the hiring manager decided to continue looking at other candidates - considering that the position was open for months before I even talked with her, I definitely wish her the best of luck in finding that unicorn that fits her needs because given my knowledge of the space, she was going to need it -- especially since she didn't have it herself.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

first phone call about background, and got onsite appointment. I focus on front end, so many javascript tricky questions. tell what the print out is. lots of javascript, css basic questions. and also algorithm and data structure, database questions.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I applied for the position on LinkedIn and was contacted by a corporate recruiter within a couple of days. The recruiter did a routine phone screening that asked my previous experience and how much I was making at my former job.

Following the phone screening, I was invited for an on-site interview with 3 of their sales directors and a current SDR. The interview process was about 2 hours long. Everyone I interviewed with was friendly and passionate about the company. They had just moved to a new location in Santa Clara and rapidly expanding, which was a good sign.

After the interview, I had a role playing assignment with the SDR Director where I had to call her like a lead and qualify her. Pretty standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your previous responsibilities as an SDR?
      Talk to me about a time where you failed and used that knowledge to success another time.
      Answer Question

Cloud Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Bellevue, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter on LinkedIn. He introduced me to Centrify, scheduled a informational with the hiring manager, then a tech phone screen, and finally an in person panel interview with 3 people total. The whole process was pretty seemless and the interviews felt more like conversations rather than grilling sessions.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff, what are you passionate about, what are you looking for in your next role, some technical questions, etc...   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centrify (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online after finding relevant opening and positive reviews on Glassdoor. Received response from recruiter within a day or two, scheduling a phone screen. A day following that phone screen spoke with hiring manager via phone. Within a week (following a holiday weekend) was scheduled for 2 consecutive days of in-person interviews with four people each day, including the CEO on the second day. All were welcoming, positive and genuinely interested in my background. Received a verbal offer about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Asked about role specifics and scenarios in my work experience. Be prepared to provide succinct detail/highlights of each role you've held.   Answer Question